HasLab Deathsaurus

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I can't believe people are so nostalgic for badly dubbed anime they'd even suggest Roboteching anything.
there, fixed that for ya!

EDIT: I think the point is more that people enjoy the JG1 shows, but the subtitled versions we got had their own issues. And, there's a lot of filler that could be excised to make one cohesive narrative that might be more palatable to some people, particularly if it was dubbed to at least sound like it might have been part of the original G1. (Kind of like how some people "can't" watch black and white films, subtitles are still a turnoff to a few)

We all know it won't happen, but its fun to think in hypotheticals some times.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The subtitled releases for Masterforce and Victory from Metrodome, Madman, and TV-Nihon were decent. Only the Shout! Factory subs had issues.

The Headmasters, meanwhile, has never had a decent subbed release. All four were flawed in different ways:
  • TV-Nihon: Overtly literal and unnatural-sounding in English (plus TV-Nihon's usual use of half-translated Japanese words)
  • Metrodome: Certain lines mistranslated due to the translation company not understanding Transformers (and one episode's subs showing up in the wrong episode)
  • Madman: Same as Metrodome's subs
  • Shout! Factory: Rewritten to be heavily Hasbro-ized and full of lies (all in an attempt adhere to Hasbro's then-new vision of an "Aligned" brand)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If all goes according to plan I will probably be pledging Tues or Thurs. It's an early xmas gift from my folks.

They got me both Unicron and Star Saber as surprise gifts, this year they gave up on the surprise and just said, we'll give you the card next time your over and order it.

-ZacWilliam, which, no complaint Deathsaurus looks cool and it's a big cool gift, but I kinda prefer being surprised by gifts on Christmas vs being told to order them for myself...

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Pfft, who knows what a ninja is? Now "Phase Sixer", that's a term everyone can understand at a glance and is totally timeless.
In fairness, I'd imagine a typical viewer unfamiliar with the term would probably just assume it was a fancy name for a six-changer and move on.

(I've always assumed this was the real-world reason they were Phase Sixers in particular, honestly.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In fairness, I'd imagine a typical viewer unfamiliar with the term would probably just assume it was a fancy name for a six-changer and move on.

(I've always assumed this was the real-world reason they were Phase Sixers in particular, honestly.)
Sixshot was the only Phase Sixer who was also a six-changer. The others were Black Shadow and Overlord.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
how soon did he get a go vs Star Saber? Same? Behind? Ahead?

hoping we get enough for the cannon. Never going to use the throne so I don’t care about that.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
According to TF Wiki Haslab Victory Saber

Start: August 27th
Reached Goal(11,000): September 29th (Day 34)
First Tier (14,000): October 6th (Day 41)
Second Tier(17,000): October 8th (Day 43)
Third Tier (20,000): October 10th (Day 45)
Ended: October 10th (Day 45)

Final total once everything was added together was 27,000.

Deathsaurus is doing a little better than Victory Saber did at this time. We should totally nail that 17,000 number.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think the time of year is kind of hurting this, plus the financal sitution for people a little, but I'm glad he been backed, now if we can get the tiers unlocked, I'll be happy because an Emperor of Destruction needs his throne, Seige Megatron pinched Starscream's throne as he is deemed unworthly of such a chair!

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm confident we'll get all three tiers. Especially with Victory Saber starting to land on people's front porches. once pics and reviews really start hitting I'm sure there will be a large wave of excitement that will spur more investment.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder, if there is a big push and there is still a week left when it is getting close to 17,000 backer if they'll do a 3rd tier.

Dake

Citizen
To my recollection, none of the last few campaigns have had surprise additions at the end regardless of its success or lack thereof.

I think they've stopped doing that now that they have a few of these under their belt.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
So...anyone watch the Fan Stream? I was working and will catch it later. Noticed it was just a shade under 12 minutes.

Top Bottom