HasLab Deathsaurus

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Being next to the slamdunk that is Victory Saber makes Ginrai look even sadder.

That Ginrai at the end of the day is just a retool of Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, God Grini needs a commander class level but I doult we'll see that for a couple of more years, thou to improve the Grini look you can do the oppocite on the wings to how the instructions show, it makes them lower, thou my God Grini has had a couple of upgrades over time, such as beefing out the wings, a different head and just resently, I swapped out the hands, plus gave him some bad ass guns and a sword, not that he ever used a sword but its a improvement upon the original sword by miles!

Shockwave 75

Citizen
Sorry guys, but this is just another example of how Hasbro is ripping us off.

Their profits are down due to their raising prices 3 times in the last 2 years (confirmed by the last investors call), so they are trying to re-coup their losses by passing the buck to us.
You realize that this figure is only $20 less than a Titan class figure for a Commander Class figure? It's also a perfect example of how arbitrary their Haslab pricing is. $179 for Deathsaurus, but $350 for that Hellcharger?! You can't tell me that there's more plastic or tooling in that car than there is on Deathsaurus.
There is absolutely no reason that this and Star Sabre couldn't have been regular retail figures. Or at the very least Pulse exclusives.

Look, if you want it, and feel that the inflated price is worth it, then buy it, and I truly hope you enjoy it! But know that you are contributing to the corporate culture mindset that they can charge us ANYTHING they want for our pieces of plastic crack, and we'll pay it.
So when they next announce that they are raising prices AGAIN, and you'll now have to pay over $40 for a deluxe class figure, before you complain about it, remember that you already told them you were OK paying inflated prices.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Ordered two right away.

Wish I could order three like I did with Star Saber, but since I'm still not working, I need to show SOME kind of restraint. :LOL:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen

Their profits are down due to their raising prices 3 times in the last 2 years (confirmed by the last investors call), so they are trying to re-coup their losses by passing the buck to us.
You realize that this figure is only $20 less than a Titan class figure for a Commander Class figure? It's also a perfect example of how arbitrary their Haslab pricing is. $179 for Deathsaurus, but $350 for that Hellcharger?! You can't tell me that there's more plastic or tooling in that car than there is on Deathsaurus.
There is absolutely no reason that this and Star Sabre couldn't have been regular retail figures. Or at the very least Pulse exclusives.

Look, if you want it, and feel that the inflated price is worth it, then buy it, and I truly hope you enjoy it! But know that you are contributing to the corporate culture mindset that they can charge us ANYTHING they want for our pieces of plastic crack, and we'll pay it.
So when they next announce that they are raising prices AGAIN, and you'll now have to pay over $40 for a deluxe class figure, before you complain about it, remember that you already told them you were OK paying inflated prices.

The ship sailed awhile ago. Hasbro got made well aware with how much some fans are wiling to pay after seeing them paying a premium for unlicensed toys, or weathering the ridiculous doubling of price on Masterpiece toys, or how they will spend will basically double the price of a figure by picking up an upgrade or sticker set to fix inadequacies caused by cost cutting measures. Hell, look at how Unicron goes for 2x-3x times its original amount on ebay. Remember, this isn't a mainline release, it's a niche, limited run exclusive targeted at fans with loose wallets.

Everything is worth what someone will pay for it.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It's not at 'funded' yet, but it has passed Ghost Rider in numbers as of today. I do hope it goes all the way through since I'd like to have Grimlock and his throne (even though it's not great), Starscream on his, and Deathsaurus, and make a 'triumvirate of chairs'.

Dake

Citizen

Not everything's a conspiracy and global inflation is a real thing. Literally EVERYTHING is more expensive now.

And yes, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a Commander Class at Titan prices. I'll bet it's also going to have upwards of 50% more parts and certainly more paint apps than a Titan too. Every single part requires tooling, and that costs money. Transformers have always been more expensive for their size compared to other toy lines for that very reason.

That being said, I do think someone got greedy on the Marvel side because so much of their product is already paid for figure-wise. The Not-Charger is the only new bit, and I can't imagine the tooling required for that holds a candle to Saber or DS, let alone Unicron or something. Heck I think the HISS is far more complex.

But yeah, mostly we've done it to ourselves. It's just taken Hasbro a while to tap into the 3P piggybank.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Don't think they're exactly making bank off Haslab stuff because it costs as much R&D if not more, as an average retail figure of the same approximate size and they sell less units. I mean, sure, there's a premium baked into the pricetag and they'd earn enough to make it worth their while but they'd probably make more money sinking that development cash into making more mass-retail Optimuses and Bumblebees, especially since if a Haslab project doesn't get funded, they just flushed the investment down the toilet.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm waiting for Takara Tomy to put it up for pre-order...

Also, as they mentioned that this figure was originally going to be sold in the Legacy line, I wonder if they'll remold the core figure into say, BW2 Galvatron and sell it through the Legacy line?

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm just happy that this thing is a thing (well, hopefully). Is it expensive? That's subjective. Things cost more of late, and that has been a bitter pill to swallow. However, I am choosing to support this because I like the character and the design, and want to make it more likely that future "off the beaten path" figures of this nature get some consideration.

Dake

Citizen
I'm waiting for Takara Tomy to put it up for pre-order...

Also, as they mentioned that this figure was originally going to be sold in the Legacy line, I wonder if they'll remold the core figure into say, BW2 Galvatron and sell it through the Legacy line?
I don't believe it was intended to be part of the Legacy line, just that it (like Saber) were designed to fit in with the Legacy line (semantics I know). These aren't "lost figures" that just weren't made.

Lobjob

Citizen
And looks like it won't break. This is why haslab exists. I havent supported yet but will. He's awesome.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't believe it was intended to be part of the Legacy line, just that it (like Saber) were designed to fit in with the Legacy line (semantics I know). These aren't "lost figures" that just weren't made.
Deathsaurus Info.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Yeah, based on that blurb, it sounds like a Deathsaurus figure was intended for Legacy, but that the size and complexity of figure they wanted to do was only going to work as a Haslab. It doesn't read like the figure we're being shown is the exact same figure that was planned for retail, though.

Would like to back this one, but don't think I will be able to. (And I know I will regret it later, but budget comes before toys) What I really want to know is, with Victory Saber, Deathsaurus, and (all but confirmed) Dinoking on the way, I wonder what plans might be in the works for Liokaiser? I'm, like, 80%ish satisfied with my CW-based set, really only NEED a compatible Leozack and Jarugar (and want a DeathCobra), but at this point in the game, they're just gonna redo the whole team if they do them at all, won't they? They wouldn't do a Haslab to "finish" a limited-release set from 8-9 years ago? Would CW-compatible bots be viable for Selects?

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, I figure a whole new “correct” Liokaiser is infinitely more likely than a new torso/pieces for an exclusive set from six years ago.

Of course that doesn’t mean the new one will still be Deluxes. We’re getting Dinoking but it’s a Core sized Combiner. A new Liokaiser could very well be the same.

Top Bottom