HasLab Deathsaurus

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I guess no one was going to be pushed over the brink to order because of BOATER but super weird they did this *after* the sales closed.

It maybe weird but it kind of feels like they were very uncertain Deathsaurus would be fully funded or not and they might of extended the backing window and put these in as Tier 3, but it turns out, Tier 1 & 2 were enough to get people to back this and with the edition of those two, it more than covers the cost and come to think of it, its been a while since we seen a boat Transformer, offically, most of the time its been cars, planes, or creatures, thou resent we had a tape deck, a boom box, a train that doubles as a shuttle, plus Motor bikes are making an appearance, so what have we NOT had as a alt mode resently, about the only thing coming to my mind is farm vehicles and standard cars you see on the street, not racing cars or sports cars

Dake

Citizen
Super cool they're doing this but boy are they setting a dangerous precedent. Every Haslab from now to eternity will have everyone expecting a surprise after ending! :D

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Did anyone else not get this e-mail? This isn't the first haslab thing I haven't received an e-mail for.

EDIT: Support page suggests you need to be signed up for the newsletter to get backer e-mails, which is real weird.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I am looking forwards to replacing my Death Chicken and his chair, simply because this third-party one I've been using a while, though great for the time, is beginning to show its age.

52561537247_1c76d20420.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Emperors of DESTRUCTIONnnnn....Doomed to be on the PLAAAAAATEEEEE...This parody's DISFUNCTIOOOOOON....Makes people wish me AWAAAAYYYY.....Oh, look a 'cease and desist' order from the composers from Transformers the Movie...."

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I remember the mistranslation of one of the minicon teams years ago as "Hopper, Bumper, Burrito". So at first I wondered if "Boater" was a similar problem, then I looked it up on TFwiki.

This is actually funny to me as I was considering if I could do it with points, getting mini-Ratchet to make a Fixit. This is already there with no extra effort at all, and I will have the rest of a team too that as I kid I kept looking at on store shelves and didn't have the money for (I got the Battle Patrol instead). Neat!

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I still have my original Rescue Patrol team. They might have been my favorite Micromaster team as a kid. I love to see the team completed now, even if Boater/Seawatch is using his Victory anime color-scheme. What a great surprise this is.

I wonder if the molds will be available outside of the Deathsaurus package. If not, I expect a lot of complaining from people who didn't order a Deathsaurus. And probably complaining from some even if they do release the molds separately but after Deathsaurus's release. 😒

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had skipped the Siege Rescue Patrol guys at the time as I wasn't going to be collecting the micromaster guys. However, now that we are getting these 2, I went out and snagged the Siege set so I'd have all 4 of the team.

Dake

Citizen
I'd be surprised if we did not get them loose. They released Yakface separate from the Barge (on a different card back). Though they've not rereleased the various figures that came with the Sentinal or Galactus yet, so who knows?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Given how inexact 'color' was in Transformers for anything EXCEPT the physical toys (and sometimes not even then) I'm perfectly happy with just these and Star Saber's and I will call it my Rescue Patrol. I was just telling a friend last night that if I put them on Star Saber's side, and the mini-Dinobot derived Dinoforce on Deathsaurus's side, it will probably work well!

I would like to see a way to get an extra Brainmaster, maybe as part of an accessory pack. One advantage of Titans Return was being able to get extra heads, I'd like a backup for such a tiny, tiny piece.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Boater being cartoon colors makes me think one in toy colors may be likely.

I'd prefer them to remain exclusive to the HasLab Deathsaurus campaign, but not at the expense of those who didn't back completely missing out.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I wonder how hard it would be to make a 'homage' G1 package set. Back when the four-pack was a thing, I took out the mirrored reflective parts and used them as toys all on their own. The packaging then was REALLY complicated. I know Hasbro is on the whole 'no plastic' kick but I'd love to see a retro-style package like they did with Ectotron or Gigawatt, except as a Micromaster four-pack for Selects or something.

Top Bottom