Hasbro Brand Team Roundtable Notes

Dake

Citizen
Honestly, I'd prefer that. I couldn't justify paying for 5 more leader class molds in G2 colors, but I would absolutely buy the Core Class a second (actually probably 3rd time counting Dinoking) or a reasonably priced Combiner Wars set.

This is where I am. I have nowhere to put 5 more Leader Dinobots so I probably wouldn't be buying them. I never had the original Dinobots as a kid so I'm happy to be getting them, but the G2 versions were never on my radar.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
And in fairness, only 3 Dinobots ever made it out during G2. I'm probably game for a G2 Grimlock, but at current (and a likely $60 by the time they get to them) price point? I'm just not sure I can justify getting more than ONE G2 repaint, much less three and definitely not FIVE.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Well, there were 2 G2 colors for each of the 3 Dinobots that did get released, and unreleased ones for Grimlock, Sludge, and Swoop. So that's 9 G2 colors already, which would be a lot at Leader prices, but manageable at Core.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Where's my Grandus then, Hasbro?
What if I just type Botanica and show-model BM Jetstorm over and over?

-ZacWilliam, I feel like I've done my part for Beet Papil every time the Deluxe Insecticons have been mentioned for years. ;)
Well yeah, I could respond with where's the Skyscorchers, but I think I'm the only one that wants them. :LOL:

And I've been meaning to commend you Zac for including Beet Papil in all of your wish lists, hope we get her someday.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair this question was apparently asked by a child.
Yeah it was a little girl, so they absolutely weren't put off by it. That's who they WANT to be happy. I missed it in my questions recap but the way this question was answered as "anything's possible" it might be something we can certainly expect.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Looking more into this Convoy trademark matter, it seems that some company in Japan may have recently trademarked the name so that now even Takara can't use it. Takara hasn't released a Transformers toy with "Convoy" in its name since MP-49 Black Convoy back in July 2020, so if this is the case, then that would explain why they named the MP Lio Convoy black redeco "Dark Amber Leo Prime".
Well, that makes more sense than "Hasbro can't use it because Takara Tomy has it trademarked", but this would be the biggest trademark either Hasbro or Takara Tomy ever lost, wouldn't it?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, that makes more sense than "Hasbro can't use it because Takara Tomy has it trademarked", but this would be the biggest trademark either Hasbro or Takara Tomy ever lost, wouldn't it?
And now I'm not so sure if it is the case, since I was reminded that Takara has recently used the name in their Diaclone line, most recently with the new Powered Convoy.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe it's an internal effort to associate the name more strongly with one brand (Diaclone) than another (Transformers), like how Hasbro kept using Shockblast for GI Joe even after they'd gotten Shockwave back.

Top Bottom