Guess what game is back? That's right: Fallen Earth.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So, here's the story as I know it so far!

Fallen earth is an MMO dropped in 2009 using a subscription base, bought two years later by gamers first, and monetized to death. It was purchased by little orbit in 2018, shut down shortly after, and came back THIS YEAR as completely free to play as "fallen earth classic".

The graphics are shitty, the loot lag is real, combat is simplistic at best, and I am once again loving the hell out of this game. The sheer scale of the world, the sheer volume of collectable resources and constructable items, it's functionally what you would have wanted from fallout 76, but third person. Apparently little orbit is attempting to remake the game in unity, I could not really tell you why, but I support this endeavour entirely and am ridiculously happy to not only play this game again: but play it without all the free to play restrictions gamers first imposed to nickel and dime the player base. A lot of the of the cash shop items aren't available in game (since you could not construct them: they appeared in your account mail box after purchase.) and it seems like the communication with the devs is spotty at best... but all this is basically par for the course.

I'm just happy to be back in the grand canyon.

Top Bottom