Gremlins…would he?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
So was scrolling HBO Max and saw Gremlins was on and hit play. The gremlins just hatched and I am sure this has asked before, but I’ve never thought of it until now:

would Gizmo be a bad gremlin? The others who multiplied from him already seemed to have a wild side. So naturally they are “powered up” I guess you could call it after they transform. But Gizmo is good, so would he not be?

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't think they'd ever do it because he's the face of the franchise and the cute little buddy and they could probably get away with saying that gremlin-ification only happens to "spawned" mogwi who are created from someone breaking the rules and thus in a sense punishing someone deserving punishment.

But if they did ever have it happen I think it would make sense that he would be a mischievous but still kinda good at heart version of a Gremlin. None of the spawned ones really changed personalities when they transformed they were always troublesome hazards they just became more dangerous. I think Gizmo would still be Billy's friend, he'd just kick the bad Gremlin's butts more savagely.

-ZacWilliam, and probably they'd find some new magic way to de-gremlin him at the film's end.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Crazy theory here, but MAYBE Gizmo is good because he is old, his wild spirit tamed by time and his companionship with Mr. Wing. Even IF he transformed, he'd likely be MUCH milder than the other gremlin form mogwai. All the ones who have been seen on-screen are essentially kids, Gizmo's been around for awhile.

Top Bottom