Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

wentwood

Citizen
Watching Advance Challenge.

May just got her 1st contest ribbon and now Ash is going after his 4th Gym Badge.

Diamond And Pearl

Ash has Starly and Turtwig.

X Y

Ash has Froakie and is starting Kalos. Also has his 2nd Kalos Pokemon. One of the flyers.

Sun And Moon

Ash has his first Alola Pokemon.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So the Decidueye Terra Raid event is live..... and at this point I'm burnt out on the Terra Raid events. I love that they are challenging but not everyone has the time to train level 100 Pokemon to try and take on these events. And it felt a bit more burnt even on hiding new Legendaries behind them. It may not have been a 7 star raid, but it's still hidden behind the end game and I have yet to complete Violet yet. And then there is just going into a raid with people not knowing what to prepare for. Which I will admit can be me. But you also get the Pokemon players who commit to such a specific strategy that it get's them to jump out before starting if the team line up is right or can't adapt to what is needed since they have such a specific win condition.

I applaud them for making Terra Raids quicker then Max Raids, but I do prefer the Max Raids if only that it was so much easier to tell what was going on.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I stopped doing raids aside from the new legends entirely. They just lag way too much for a timer-based system. Really should've stuck to turn-based.

wentwood

Citizen
Resuming Journeys (Generation 8) on Pokemon TV. I'm thinking early 2025 I'll see Ultimate Journeys.

Master Journeys had just gone up and I wanted to wait for Pokemon TV to add it to resume Journeys.

Netflix is $15 a month and I'm trying to fill in Indigo League - Ultra Legends on DVD for my home library.

So I'll hold on seeing Gen 8 episodes for a bit till Pokemon TV adds them.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'll admit, I'm not thrilled by Raids in general, either. The game itself just...doesn't really prepare you for this kind of stuff, in-game. If they really want these Raids and online features to really take off, they need to give us better resources to get to level 100 easier. Chanceys or Blisseys in the 80s or 100s or something, just to drop a massive amount of experience. Places that drop Bottle Caps for Hyper Training more often. Maybe a whole mode where they actually TEACH you how all this meta-game stuff works, instead of assuming you'll watch a bunch of Youtube videos, so Gamefreak doesn't have to do the work. And, geez, the Hyper Training guy is hidden away in a random corner of Montenevera. He's COMPLETELY missable! Gamefreak really isn't making these things as accessible and visible and they should be.

Personally, I'd just as soon keep the meta-game in the meta-game, and not have it be a part of the "main" story. Personally, it kind of breaks my "immersion" when I have to consider stuff like Hyper Training and Ability Mints in order to even TRY to tackle these Raids. It kind of goes against the theme that most of the game has about these Pokemon being your "friends". And challenge is nice, but I feel like the reason why Pokemon is THE MOST SUCCESSFUL RPG on the planet is because it IS so easy. It's accessible. Anyone can play it and probably beat the story. These Raids...are a massive difficulty spike that the game itself doesn't really explain to you.

What would be really nice is if Gamefreak would give us easier 3-Star versions of these Raids for people who just want the Pokemon. And then keep the 5 or 7 Star Raids for the people who want the very best possible Tera-type and moveset. But...that would mean Gamefreak giving us OPTIONS and we can't have that...

Maybe they could remove the timer completely? Just giving you unlimited lives to chip away at the target Pokemon. It would suck ALL the challenge out of it, but as long as you stuck with it, eventually you WOULD chip away at the Pokemon's health and get it. The reward for "getting good" would be being able to do it quickly, or maybe better item drops.

I feel like Gamefreak really wants some of that e-sports money. I mean, they already have that "live service" money with Pokemon Home. But, they're constantly having competitions and Raids, so they clearly WANT the online stuff to be a bigger part of the game. But...to me, this is a single player RPG first and foremost. The multiplayer stuff is extra. I'd be fine if every game was basically like Legends Arceus and we could catch ALL the Pokemon in a single save file.

And honestly? I have a Decidueye in Home. I don't really NEED a random one that has good Tera-type that probably won't even be usable in Gen X. There won't even be a Pokedex entry for these guys. I can't even view the model. I feel no incentive to catch these guys. They'd just be trade fodder, or more likely Home-filler.

I'm really hoping that Iron Leaves and Walking Wake are available in the DLC. The Raids just..aren't fun to me. I don't really dislike the existence of Raids, but I just wish they were done better.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Playing Pokemon Shuffle on my phone to finish easy mode. I caught Rowlet from Gen 7 and Ho Oh.

I need 500 S+ Rank Pokemon as part of unlocking UX Mode. This mode has triple HP.

As for the Anime Ash got the 4th Hoenn badge and now he has to battle Max and May's dad for the 5th badge.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I like raids because you can use them online to get Scarlet mon into Violet (and vice versa).

But then there's buggy stuff like internet lag that leads to things like being at full health one second and completely fainted the next with no apparent reason, a mon keeping that annoying shield when it looks like they've taken far more damage than should be necessary to drop it...it's just buggy AF.

Then you get the griefers. And also the times when I'm constantly fainting and I'm sure they must think I'm a griefer, but durnit...choosing your fighter according to type advantage can be pretty difficult with some of these raids covering all the bases.

Yeah, basically I hate raids. But for getting exclusive mon in the opposing game (and getting exp. candies) there aren't many other options yet.

wentwood

Citizen
Anime watch

Advance Challenge

Ash is going to Pattleberg City for his 5th Badge

Diamond and Pearl

Ash heading for Gym Badge 1.

Black And White

Ash just got Tepig and is after Unova Badge 1.

X Y

Ash is going for Gym Badge 1.

Sun And Moon

Ash had planned on going after a Litten but the Litten was helping another Pokemon.

wentwood

Citizen
Episode Markers

Advance Challenge
Episode 18

Diamond And Pearl
Episode 09

Black And White
Episode 05

X Y
Episode 05

Sun And Moon
Episode 08

Journeys
Episode 13

Advance Challenge - Ultra Legends
DVD

Journeys
Pokemon TV

wentwood

Citizen
DVD Update

Orders placed for

Kalos Quest Set 2
Ultra Legends Set 1
Ultra Legends Set 2
Ultra Legends Set 3
Master Journeys

Master Journeys is due to the move to Netflix. Viz will release the year set on DVD in May.

Will order Journeys next as it's only on Netflix.

I'm hoping to pick up Ultimate Journeys (Series XXV) on DVD to possibly watch all 25 series in order on my 2nd turn.

I need to order XYZ and Journeys on the 31st. I got Master Journeys on a Pre Order.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Update

I no longer need Netflix for Journeys - Ultimate Journeys (Generation 8) as I will see them on DVD due to a pre order pick up for Master Journeys.

On the 31st I will order Journeys (Series XXIII) on DVD. Then there will be a wait for Viz to release Ultimate Journeys (Series XXV) on DVD.

Master Journeys will release on May 23 on DVD.

The final episodes of Ultimate Journeys are being dubbed at present.

Generation 9 will be seen on Pokemon TV.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
...Huh, the Switch is trying to render something the relative size of the sun. That...explains the performance issues.

In other news, Ash's final episode aired in Japan. No spoilers, but we do get a look at the next season.

So...Shiny Rayquaza event in Scarlet/Violet, I guess?

This actually looks pretty fun.

wentwood

Citizen
Sun And Moon came in (Series XXII Set 2) so now watching all of the Disney XD episodes this spring and summer.

Saving my DVD player to watch Pocket Monsters (US Dub) up to Ultimate Journeys.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Journeys (Series XXIII) from Netflix has shipped in so resuming Sun And Moon (Series XX) - Ultra Legends (Series XXII) on DVD.

This means I go right to Gen 8 on DVD and hopefully when I finish Master Journeys (Series XXIV) on DVD we see a disk release for Ultimate Journeys (Series XXV) so that's why I backed up 6 series on DVD and started with Sun And Moon.

I'm also on Episode 50 of Indigo League. (Of 82)

Echowarrior

Citizen
I don't suppose anyone's got an Oshawott they can trade to me? Wonder Trading appears to be a dud thus far.

wentwood

Citizen
With all pre Netflix episodes now in resuming in order from Indigo League Episode 50 Who Gets To Keep Togepi.

Sun And Moon on Episode 18.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am finally playing shield again.

I just made it to the Finals! Any suggestions on who works best against Leon? My Cinderrace is a monster at this point, but he has a Charizard right?

wentwood

Citizen
Journeys Set 2 is shipping in so straight down the line on Series XXIII.

As for the Charazard comment I watched the first fight between Ash and Leon. Ash used Pikachu.

In this case I'd go with an Ice move type for max damage. If you get backed up get an Ice type on your team. Also somebody who can use poison so that Charazard is drained by the attack each turn.

From what I saw in Journeys Leon will try to run the table with a giga max move and you're history. You may want to also max out the levels and HP.

Top Bottom