Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Fair warning. If you haven't already, DO NOT pre-download the DLC or connect to Pokemon Go in Scarlet/Violet. There's been some reports of a very low, but possible chance of save data corruption after this latest patch. Right now, people are thinking it's either connecting to the DLC or Go that's doing it. Or it might be closing the game while it's Auto-Saving. We don't really know, yet.

In other news...I actually beat the main story finally! And now I'm trying to catch a Iron Leaves/Paradox Virizon. And...why is this so hard? WHY?!

*SIGH* Does anyone have any basic tips? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Details below.
I don't currently have Nintendo Online, so I've been trying to catch it with the AI controlled players.

I basically JUST beat the story since I was waiting for the patch to kind of "stabilize" the game. (Although, now I'm hearing about save files getting corrupted, so that was a double edged sword.) I only have 5-Star Raids unlocked. Would unlocking 6 or 7 Star Raids help or hurt me at this point?

I've been mostly focusing on trying to get my in-game Skeledirge to a high enough level to beat this thing, but it's only had SOME effect so far. I've never actually gotten past the shield it throws up.

Skeledirge is currently level 87, Fire-Tera, Blaze-Ability. No egg moves, so Slack Off isn't on the table.. I've tried spamming Shadow Balls with a Spell Tag. I've tried spamming Torch Songs then Flamethrowers and throwing in some Shadow Balls with some Charcoal. Nada. I don't have enough Ghost-Tera Shards to change Skeledirge into a Ghost-Tera-Type and I'm not sure I can gather enough of them before the event ends at this point.

My other highest leveled Pokemon are all in their 70s. They're Pawmot, Clodsire, Tinkaton, Bombirdier, and Baxcalibur.

So...is there a trick anyone knows? Any help would be appreciated.

This thing is supposed to be only level 75, why can't I get past this shield *grumble-grumble*

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I got the Virizion, but it was after a LOT of trying and it was one of those "what did I do that was any different" type moments. It may have been finally getting a group that attacked instead of simply building their attack stat until they faint. I mean, that is one thing about these raids I just don't like. You can do everything right, or at least do nothing wrong, but one or two idiots get into the group and there go your chances.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I had a much easier time getting Virizion than Suicune, oddly enough. Luck of the draw with random online parties.

wentwood

Citizen
Anime Watch Update

Current

Advanced Challenge (DVD)

Journeys (Pokemon TV)

The split

Challenge - Ultra Legends
DVD

Journeys - Present
Pokemon TV

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon Generation 9 Anime Update

2 protagonists for Gen 9

This series could possibly focus on Scarlet And Violet Region as in the game or be another global tour type thing.

Rumor

Ash time jumps forward to team up with his daughter.

Start Date
April 2023

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon Stream Update

Presently only Journeys forward is on Netflix so to watch past episodes you need Pokemon TV.

Netflix dripped Sun And Moon (Gen 7).

The problem with Pokemon TV is that it forces you to watch a full year in a few days before getting swapped out of rotation.

To avoid this I've switched over to watching past episodes up to Ultra Legends on DVD. I only use the app to watch Gen 8 episodes.

wentwood

Citizen
In April I'll be ordering the following on DVD

Kalos Quest Set 2
X Y Z Set 1
X Y Z Set 2
Ultra Legends Set 1
Ultra Legends Set 2

Watch List Update

Indigo League
Episode 40

The Jhoto Journeys
Episode 03

Advanced Challenge
Episode 10

Diamond And Pearl
Episode 04

Black And White
Episode 02

X Y
Episode 01

Sun And Moon
Episode 01

Journeys
Episode 12

Gen 9 will be on their first year and Pokemon TV will be adding Ultimate Journeys by then.

Master Journeys had recently been added to Pokemon TV.

Watching the series as a separate Generation each.

Sun And Moon will be in either today or Monday. Not on Netflix USA.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon US DVD Release

The year set for Adventures On The Orange Islands starts with Pallet Party Panic while Series II actually starts with Princess Vs Princess.

The rest of the Indigo League has been moved to be included with the year set of Indigo League.

All episodes that feature a Jynx aren't included on the updated DVD sets.

Also an episode of Sun And Moon is banned and not on DVD due to Ash using Black Face.

The Safari Zone episode has been banned due to the use of guns.

This one shows Ash catching 30 Tauros and then a stampede is caused back at Oak's lab.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Pokemon US DVD Release

The year set for Adventures On The Orange Islands starts with Pallet Party Panic while Series II actually starts with Princess Vs Princess.

The rest of the Indigo League has been moved to be included with the year set of Indigo League.

All episodes that feature a Jynx aren't included on the updated DVD sets.

Also an episode of Sun And Moon is banned and not on DVD due to Ash using Black Face.

The Safari Zone episode has been banned due to the use of guns.

This one shows Ash catching 30 Tauros and then a stampede is caused back at Oak's lab.

The Safari Zone episode was never released in the US. At least poor Jynx was briefly featured in its original form and got lucky with a redesign.

wentwood

Citizen
With 190 episodes for Diamond And Pearl I'm watching both Advanced and Diamond And Pearl together.

I'm on Advanced Challenge and starting Diamond And Pearl Part 1. Part 4 is Shino League Victors. I finished Advance (Part 1 of Ruby And Sapphire) a few days ago.

wentwood

Citizen
Sun And Moon (Gen 7 Part 1) and Ultra Adventures (Gen 7 Part 2) came in today's mail. I'd seen a few episodes of it on Pokemon TV and it looked interesting.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Anyone with all the Scarlet exclusives willing to trade for the Violet exclusives? I'm finally at the point in the game where Pokedex completion is just trading for the other versions Pokemon.

Basically everything except for Koraidon since I don't have anything worth trading for that.

So, in other words...

I want:

Sprigatito, Quaxly, Fire Tauros, Larvitar, Driftloon, Stunky, Deino, Skrelp, Oranguru, Stonejourner, Armarouge (or the Auspicious Armor), Great Tusk, Scream Tail, Brute Bonnet, Flutter Mane, Slither Wing, Sandy Shocks, Roaring Moon,

And I have to trade:

Fuecoco x2, Water Tauros, Misdreavus, Gulpin, Bagon, Clauncher, Passimian, Dreepy, Eiscue, Ceruledge (or the Malicious Armor), Iron Treads, Iron Bundle, Iron Hands, Iron Jugulis, Iron Moth, Iron Thorns, Iron Valiant.

For the Armor pokemon, I'm not sure if people would rather have a random level 1 Ceruledge, or if they'd prefer the Armor attached to a Pokemon. I honestly don't care either way myself, but I'll give people the option of if they'd prefer the Malicious Armor or Ceruledge.

I would also appreciate it if someone could help me trade evolve my Scyther into Scizor. As well as my Slowbro into Slowking. And my Finizen into a Palafin in a Union circle. If possible. I already have all the Pokemon, I just need to trade them to someone and have them trade them back to me.

Caldwin

Citizen
I can help with some of that. The iron pokemon can be a bit tricky since you can't really breed them. But I can get some of those together, probably tonight or the next couple days.

I have Scarlet and Violet. So I don't really need to trade for anything if you just want to breed up something random. My starters are in Violet and the rest of those would be in Scarlet (+/- things I got through trades or online raids). So I'd have to switch out between trades.

wentwood

Citizen
Sun And Moon (Gen 7 Part 1) and Ultra Adventures (Gen 7 Part 2) of the Disney XD era came in. X Y (Gen 6 Part 1) and Kalos Quest Set 1 (Gen 6 Part 2) will also be in today's mail.

I saw 11 episodes of Sun And Moon on Pokemon TV and it looked good so watching this on DVD.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, it takes a while to breed and catch all the different pokemon. I can wait. Just tell me when someone's ready. We might need to figure out some sort of "meetup time" anyway, since I get the feeling I might be in a different timezone than most other people.

Oddly, catching my future-robot-Pokemon might have taken less time than breeding some of the others. I swear you NEED to use a Egg-Power Sandwich to kick start the breeding this generation. It seems to take so long otherwise. Being able to breed almost anywhere is nice, but I miss the Oval Charm already.

Caldwin

Citizen
Pokemon I have ready to trade:

Violet:
Sprigata, Quaxly, Deino

Scarlet:
Quaxly, Armarouge, Fire Tauros

I could probably go to the Zero Area and catch some of the paradox Pokemon. But it would take time and it would probably be better if someone already has some available.

wentwood

Citizen
Once I ship in

Kalos Quest Set 2
X Y Z Set 1
X Y Z Set 2
Ultra Legends Set 1
Ultra Legends Set 2
Ultra Legends Set 3

It will take over 4 years to watch Indigo - Ultra Legends in order on DVD starting with episode 1.

I'm on first watch for Challenge - Ultra Legends on DVD.

1st run of Jhoto seen on Boomarang TV.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Violet:
Sprigata, Quaxly, Deino
Okay, maybe we can trade tomorrow? Around the same time you posted today? Would that work for you?

Echowarrior, do you need to fill out your Pokedex too? I'll try to save the Violet Pokemon for you if you need them.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Okay, maybe we can trade tomorrow? Around the same time you posted today? Would that work for you?

Echowarrior, do you need to fill out your Pokedex too? I'll try to save the Violet Pokemon for you if you need them.

I'm sending you a Private Message shortly on that very subject.

Top Bottom