Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Echowarrior

Citizen
I've updated. I just hope I can get these guys without too much trouble. Will likely be playing for a while tonight, so if anyone can help, I appreciate it.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I have not been able to catch Iron Leaves yet. Ive tried a number a times. Even once where the all the other 3 teammates were Kingambits who only Swords Danced til we died.

Spent all day trying to.catch a Starraptor or Salamence with intimidate just to dry and be the defense player in the group. But starraptor doesnt learn light screen so im just over here at a loss at how to be effective.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, every time I join in one on of the Raids, it's either too late, or I find myself with a group that isn't quite up to snuff. And good lord, have I been trying.

I'm thinking that I need to call it a night, but the next chance I'll have to try for these is Saturday.

Echowarrior

Citizen
A tiny part of me wonders if some people are just deliberately sabotaging these for their own sick amusement.

BTW, can Paradox Pokémon breed? Or do they count as Legendaries and are thus unbreedable?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I haven't tried with these two, but the paradox pokemon I caught in Area Zero don't breed. So seeing as how these are paradox pokemon based on mythical pokemon, I doubt it. I can try when I get home though.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
BTW, can Paradox Pokémon breed? Or do they count as Legendaries and are thus unbreedable?
I haven't tried with these two, but the paradox pokemon I caught in Area Zero don't breed. So seeing as how these are paradox pokemon based on mythical pokemon, I doubt it. I can try when I get home though.
Okay, after having a picnic with Iron Leaves, Walking Wake, Ditto and one other control pokemon I was able to hatch 22 eggs and confirm that they do not breed.

On a totally unrelated side note...would anyone like to have a Deino? I got plenty! 😵💫

wentwood

Citizen
Pocket Monsters XIV Black And White and XVI Adventures In Unova on order. Starting Advanced Challenge shortly on DVD.

I had watched Jhoto Journeys - Master Quest on Boomarang TV.

Having done that I resumed that run from Advanced on DVD. I did buy up to Master Quest. After the back half of Indigo I want to re watch Orange Islands. Finishing up Advanced. I can see up to Adventures In Unova so it'll be interesting to watch the development of the series up to Sun And Moon in order. X Y will be ordered in April and May. (6 parts for all 3 series in Gen 6)

I hadn't gotten a Switch yet due to loud fan issues.

The last game I played was Ruby on Advance.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Maybe they'll be available via the DLC later - everything in Sword and Shield was gettable later except shinies, and the paradox forms are mroe akin to regional forms, which have yet to be considered seperate... and the pokemon in question were just legendaries, not mythicals.

wentwood

Citizen
I didn't have cable at the time Indigo - Ultra Legends were running. Journeys is the 1st series I've watched first run due to the move to Netflix.

The split -

Indigo - Ultra Legends
DVD

Journeys - New Episodes
Netflix

I've bought them in order. X Y in April on DVD for buy in.

Shipped in Black And White 1 on DVD.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Maybe they'll be available via the DLC later - everything in Sword and Shield was gettable later except shinies, and the paradox forms are mroe akin to regional forms, which have yet to be considered seperate... and the pokemon in question were just legendaries, not mythicals.
One can only hope.

wentwood

Citizen
With Power Rangers Dino Fury caught up and out of the way I'm holding off on Netflix until I finish Ultra Legends on DVD. About to start Advanced Challenge. Black And White and Adventures In Unova have both shipped on DVD. X Y (Gen 6) for order on DVD next month.

I have Rival Destinies on DVD already.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, work has decided to be a pain in the hindquarters and asked me to come in and cover for someone who won't be in tomorrow. So yeah, I don't get to sit down and take care of anything on what was supposed to be my day off...including gaming.

I hate my life.

wentwood

Citizen
I have my set stored in a disk book.

The first one is Indigo - Rival Destanies. Book 2 resumes with Adventures In Unova. Hopefully I can store up to Ultra Legends in Book 2.

Master Journeys just went up on Pokemon TV.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Update

Pokemon TV

I'm thinking once they add Ultimate Journeys Sun And Moon will be switched into rotation instead of long term.

This is why I'm buying X Y and Sun And Moon on DVD.

When I finish Black And White on DVD it'll be a while before X Y comes back into rotation.

Pokemon TV only has up to 5 years of episodes. Right now Sun And Moon - Master Journeys is active. Gen 1 - 6 are on rotation.

wentwood

Citizen
Starting Advanced Challenge on DVD this week. As I'm watching the series on DVD it'll be interesting to see how the over all story shifts from generation to generation. The cast switch is Battle Frontier. After that see how the series changes. I own up to Adventures In Unova. Kalos in April. I may need to grab a few E Bay cards to get Sun And Moon. Done in 2025 at the earliest on DVD. I have 16 series to watch counting Advanced Challenge.

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon Journeys (Generation VIII) DVD Update

Journeys (Part 1) is now out with 3 volumes.

But there's more coming -

Viz is dropping a year set for Master Journeys (Part 2) on DVD.

This only makes sense as Ultimate Journeys is currently airing in Netflix.

A pre order has been listed on the Target store web site.

Usually Amazon would be the first to post the pre releases.

Like Fuller House now I can add this stream exclusive set to my home library.

Bring on Generation 8 episodes.

I hope to wait til I have Ultra Legends in May or June 2023.

wentwood

Citizen
I ordered

Pocket Monsters XY
Pocket Monsters Kalos Quest Set 1
Pocket Monsters Sun And Moon
Pocket Monsters Ultra Adventures

On DVD today. Will order the back 3 of Kalos in a few days.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, miracle of miracles, I snagged a Paradox Suicune today. No such luck with Paradox Virizion, alas.

Top Bottom