Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
You also have to be able to defeat a seven star Charizard. No mean feat with how laggy the game gets while playing online. I'm hearing that a properly built Azumarill can handle it , but I have to finish leveling one first.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
Just beat seven-star Zard with randos.

The team was double Azumarill, Sylveon, Blissey.

The Charizard they give you is a beast. 6IV, modest, with it's hidden ability.

wentwood

Citizen
I got Pokemon on DVD as at the time WB and CN ran it I didn't have cable so I'm using DVD to catch up. I saw all of Jhoto on Boomarang so resuming with Advanced (Now titled Pokemon The Series - Ruby / Sapphire).

Also watching Indigo as it had gotten skipped.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
The Charizard they give you is a beast. 6IV, modest, with it's hidden ability.

I mean, yeah, I heard that it was perfect IV's and such. But I don't play competitively and I've already beaten the game with random wild pokemon with substandard IV's. Soooo...

🤷

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I mean, yeah, I heard that it was perfect IV's and such. But I don't play competitively and I've already beaten the game with random wild pokemon with substandard IV's. Soooo...

🤷

I was mostly just pointing it out, it wasn't specifically directed at you.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Tried to start a five-star raid against a flying-type Annihilape. All three partners sent out Iron Hands and immediately led with Belly Drum. You'll never guess what happened next! It starts with "C" and ends with "lose Combat sweep".

Caldwin

Citizen
I went ahead and re-challenged the gyms last night. It helped that at this point I had mon that were leveled enough that I could go against type and still deliver a beat down.

Still had trouble with the 5-star raids. Never could find a Char.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
You have to clear enough 5-star raids to get a phone call about 6-star raids appearing first. Then you can find the Charizard dens.

Shadewing

Citizen
image0.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
It looks like in order to get the Charazard you have to have done the gyms for the second time. I'm working my way through Scarlet right now and really don't care to go through that right now on Violet. I'll just wait until I can move one of my many Charizards from Home.

I did manage to score some Mimikyus though.

Yeah, I'll just wait for Home functionality.

🤷

You have to clear enough 5-star raids to get a phone call about 6-star raids appearing first. Then you can find the Charizard dens.

Oh! Well...hug that jive!

I GOT A FREAKING CHARIZARD!!!!

Caldwin

Citizen
Can't read what's going on, but basically I'm getting that the Paldea trainer is trying to be very careful about making a sandwich in a "careful...caaaaarefull! Easy does it!" type way when the usually loud and boisterous Galaran trainer just bursts in, ruins the sandwich and swipes it in order to make curry?

Good to see that the Galaran female trainer memes having stopped.

EDIT:

You know, it's not cool when you're on a timer and your opponent keeps using Spore to put you to sleep for most of the battle! I mean, it would be one thing if it allowed you to use items to wake your Pokemon up, but all you have are cheers. No help there. My friggin' Charizard was asleep for most of the battle. Not cool!

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Nope. Read right to left.
Messing up the sandwich on the very last step w/ the minigame. Very easy to have ingredients/top slice slide off.
Galaran girl comes in to save the sandwich by just tossing it into the curry like in that series' cooking minigame.

Caldwin

Citizen
Feel free to copy/paste with your own answers. Answers may be repeated.

Favorite Pokemon -
Runner up -

Favorite new Pokemon from S/V -
Runner up -

Favorite Shiny -
Runner up -

Favorite Starter -
Runner up -

Favorite Box Legendary -
Runner up -

Favorite Non-Box Legendary/Mythical -
Runner up -

Favorite Regional Variant -
Runner up -

Favorite Game -
Runner up -

Favorite Movie (live action or anime) -
Runner up -

---------

My answers:

Favorite Pokemon - Umbreon
Runner up - Eevee

Favorite new Pokemon from S/V - Ceruledge
Runner up - Iron Valiant

Favorite Shiny - Umbreon
Runner up - Mawhile

Favorite Starter - Delphox
Runner up - Mewscarada

Favorite Box Legendary - Lunala
Runner up - Xerneas

Favorite Non-Box Legendary/Mythical - Keldeo
Runner up - Chen-Pao

Favorite Regional Variant - Alolan Vulpix
Runner up - Alolan Marowak

Favorite Game - Arceus
Runner up - Alpha Sapphire (You always remember your first)

Favorite Movie (live action or anime) - Detective Pikachu
Runner up - I Choose You

Top Bottom