Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Serebi has a pretty good guide with pics of the area and the map. So I guess I'll give it a shot. Might as well do this to the all-bloody end.

Also:
IMG_1965.JPG

I got the Iron-Mon from Area Zero. Here in a bit I'll see if the little Ditto-huggers (Woah, hey! what's the point of having an auto-censor if it doesn't censor?) can breed.

IMG_1964.JPG

Something about this shot struck me. I might have to consider making it a wallpaper.

EDIT:
The answer is no. The little bastards are sterile.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Actually, I found Polygon's maps to be easier to read. Seribi used such a big graphic on their map to show you where to go, you still had a bit of area to search for things. Polygon was pretty good about showing you just where you needed to go...except for Chien-Pao. They put the marker far to the north of where you actually needed to be to find the shrine itself. Everything else was spot on except for that. There I used Nintendo Life.

Ice Ferret is my favorite.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If you keep up with the history teacher's classes, after the finals, her side quest will mark the four shrines on your map. Once you find them the first time, you can use them as fast travel points.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I really wish there was some kind of shiny indicator in this game. Considering I'm up to 8 without one, I'm very certain I've missed at least a few.

I really appreciate the battles taking place in the actual over world, since I've spotted 2 shinies now while in a battle with a different Pokemon.

Iron Hands being my newest, and sure does look like a big silver adult toy.

Caldwin

Citizen
If you keep up with the history teacher's classes, after the finals, her side quest will mark the four shrines on your map. Once you find them the first time, you can use them as fast travel points.

I'll have to keep that in mind if I go ahead with Scarlet. I'm pretty much done with Violet. All I have left is re-challenging the gyms (which I probably won't even attempt), catching the box legendary in Area Zero (which seems to be glitched out for m), and filling the dex.

I really wish there was some kind of shiny indicator in this game. Considering I'm up to 8 without one, I'm very certain I've missed at least a few.

I really appreciate the battles taking place in the actual over world, since I've spotted 2 shinies now while in a battle with a different Pokemon.

Iron Hands being my newest, and sure does look like a big silver adult toy.

That seems to be the biggest complaint I've heard outside of performance issues. I'm sure I've missed more than a few. In fact, the only shiny I've gotten is the Floette I've already mentioned which is kind of a bummer if only because Floette already has multiple colors anyway.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I only found a shiny Venomoth because my mons wouldn't fight it on auto battle mode. The Sandygast was a bit more obviously different, thankfully. Haven't noticed any others, which, of course, doesn't mean they weren't there.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
That seems to be the biggest complaint I've heard outside of performance issues. I'm sure I've missed more than a few. In fact, the only shiny I've gotten is the Floette I've already mentioned which is kind of a bummer if only because Floette already has multiple colors anyway.

I think the sound and sparkle we're too much, considering I ended up with over 100 shinies in Arceus, but I wouldn't mind if they at least sparkled, since some shinies are just a shade difference from the normal color.

Caldwin

Citizen
I need something. Like, I'd prefer sound and sparkle, but I need at least one or the other.

I don't think cutting down awareness of shinies in the vicinity is the answer with some pokemon looking just a shade off from normal versions and graphical issues tending to conceal others in the best of circumstances.

If anything, just make them more rare. Sure the shiny odds semed really rare when it was random encounters. But they just didn't take into account how the same odds would make shinies seem common when you introduced pokemon on the overworld map in mass outbreaks.

Just take the time to dial in what the odds need to be in order to make shinies more rare.

Shinies were so common in Arceus that I can overlook it if I don't get any in Scarlet/Violet. And I'm even willing to overlook some performance issues since this is the first true open world game (even greater scope than Arceus) that they've attempted and even released in the same year as Arceus. But S/V has really shone some issues that Game Freak really needs to work out before the next game in the series.

Shadewing

Citizen
I only found one Shiny, and I didnt even know it was Shiny at the time, considering sometimes a color variant is just some variant an not shiny. It was a blue maschiff, and was compelled to name it Bluey.

Caldwin

Citizen
*sigh*

TFW you actually love a game and enjoy the hell out of playing it, but can't not call it out on its many crippling flaws.

Shadewing

Citizen
Can we call them MissingNo Shinies or something? Cuase that's kinda what most of them are reminding me of.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, here we go. Tauros comes in three different flavors this generation: Fighting, Fighting/Fire and Fighting/Water. Fighting is the base form that can be found in both Scarlet and Violet. Fighting/Fire can be found in Scarlet and Fighting/Water can be found in Violet.

IMG_2186.JPG

Here's where I find to be the best place to find Fighting/Water Tauros (West Provence Area two just east of Porto Marinada). Yes, Tauros do spawn in other places, but I find this one to be the best one to look for you're versions exclusive duo-type. Now, it may take you some riding around to finally make the duo-type spawn, but it shouldn't take too terribly long.

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Now you'll notice three main differences between normal Tauros and duo-type Tauros: The shape of the horns, the shape of the tail and the shape of the mane. This also holds true for the Scarlet version, though I don't have a picture of that at the moment.

But when you're surrounded by a herd of Tauros just waiting to start a fight with you and you only have a moment to discern which, if any of these is your mark, I find it easier to look for the tail.

IMG_2185.JPG

As you can see the normal Fighting Tauros has three tails that point straight out. The Fighting/Water has kind of a twisty messed up kind of tail (no that's not a graphical glitch). Though I don't have a picture of it, I was able to see from Google that the Fighting/Fire type in Scarlet has it's three tails braided into one with the end of it showing the three tassels.

Now here's the really good news. I did some picnic breeding with my duo-type. 10 eggs produced 10 duo-type Tauros. So it's not like a shiny where if you breed a shiny you'll likely get a non-shiny. Here, if you breed a duo-type, you get a duo-type egg.

Totally unrelated note, but would anyone like to trade for a Fighting/Water Tauros?

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, so now I've started Scarlet and...well...

93F2B1E8-8EAC-4D9B-A2EA-C3BD2A2BA2D9.jpeg

That's what a Fighting/Fire Tauros looks like. You should now have everything you need to know to get your own duo-type Tauros.

wentwood

Citizen
I own the anime up to Rival Destinies and plan to get Black And White after TMNT 2003 and a few Marvel movies.

Caldwin

Citizen
I own the anime up to Rival Destinies and plan to get Black And White after TMNT 2003 and a few Marvel movies.
Was that an excuse for me to post collection photos? That sounded to me like an excuse to post collection photos.

IMG_2188.JPG

Not Pictured, virtual console versions of:

Wii U - Pokemon Snap

3DS - Pokedex 3D, Pokedex 3D Pro, Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Rumble World, Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Picross,

Switch - Pokemon Violet, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Pokemon Shining Pearl, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, Pokemon TV

Mobile - Pokemon Go

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

Cheap Hot Topic plush

IMG_2196.JPG

Build-A-Bear Workshop

IMG_2197.JPG

Manga

IMG_2199.JPG

Not Pictured, digital versions of:

Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You, Hooopa and the Clash of Ages, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
It looks like in order to get the Charazard you have to have done the gyms for the second time. I'm working my way through Scarlet right now and really don't care to go through that right now on Violet. I'll just wait until I can move one of my many Charizards from Home.

I did manage to score some Mimikyus though.

Top Bottom