Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Less than an hour I'll be off work and heading for home. I can't wait to really get into this!

Echowarrior

Citizen
Got my copies tonight. It'll be a while before I get started, however - work is kicking my hindquarters at the moment (tomorrow hasn't even come yet, and they want me in on what's supposed to be my day off!) and I've already got a lot of stuff on my plate. The game's gonna wait, at least until I get a proper guidebook.

I really wish that Nintendo had put one of those out for Legends Arceus. Maybe if they had, I'd be further along with it.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, I honestly didn't know this would be a thing when I named my character, but am so glad it is!

231C4FA8-05A0-41F0-8A6E-1275B8B6866E.jpeg

9AD7152C-CF7B-4848-9335-AB94EB8D6A44.jpeg

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like I've discovered the worst Pokemon name: Flamigo, who is a Flamingo. I get that its likely a portmantau of Flamingo and amigo; but when its liteally one letter off from the RL animal...

Caldwin

Citizen
I anticipate my auto correct screwing me over in the future with that one. I'm still having to fight it every time I type the name of He-Man villain Skeleton.

Thefakelink

Citizen
In case anyone missed it, there’s been a lot of fuss over performance issues in these games. Have you guys noticed anything?

Caldwin

Citizen
I noticed some pop in and some background characters doing that smooth Harryhausen animation. So far nothing really game breaking though.

I don't know, it kinda feels like I shouldn't be so forgiving of these things. But with my latest games being Cyberpunk 2077 and Saints Row, it's like anything that doesn't crash is automatic gold anymore.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I've had one crash and a handful of mostly humorous visual bugs. Performance lags a bit here and there, but nothing unplayable.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Okay, I honestly didn't know this would be a thing when I named my character, but am so glad it is!
It's why I usually name my char Baaka (stupid with an extra A). It's especially amusing in dating games.

Also, TMM named his croc Dr.Pepper. Just thought everyone should know.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Mostly I've noticed a few odd camera angles causing it to clip through the ground and show the void below during battle, or people at a distance moving very jaggedly until I get close and they pop into full motion. So really about the same problems as in Sword and Shield, although overall it does run smoother than those games did.

Paladin

Citizen
you know, cooking is a fun game mechanic but sooner or later they're going to have to explain where this meat comes from...

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Sure, right after they explain how a ten-foot-tall fire-breathing dragon can fit in a capsule the size of a tennis ball and is safe as a pet for a ten-year-old.

Caldwin

Citizen
Ten foot dragon? What about the creator of all that is? Those pokeballs are scary as shit!

Glitch

Citizen
They just shrink and live in the Pokeball, we just assumed the Pokeballs were high tech gadgets and when they hit them they transformed them into energy data that's stored in the Pokeball but instead Pokemon have pym particles.

NovaSaber

Citizen
I feel like I've discovered the worst Pokemon name: Flamigo, who is a Flamingo. I get that its likely a portmantau of Flamingo and amigo; but when its liteally one letter off from the RL animal...
I think the worst is still Seel, which is just the animal's name spelled differently with no apparent meaning.

Top Bottom