Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Well there is this..

1654100896827.png

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Only question is if we'll be able to freely yeet balls at the pokemon like in Arceus or if we'll still be required to battle to catch them. And is there level scaling in the overworld? (I have my doubts about this due to how it would affect the co-op play.)

Also if I wasn't already planning to get Violet for the roboderg, I'd totally name the red legendary Dragredder.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I don't normally bother to change out of my original outfit in these games...but I think I'm going to have to here.

Huh, we're getting two different Professors depending on the version. Odd difference.

Wait..."Are you these THREE's trainer?"...so...do we get ALL the starters, do we spend a section of the game with all 3 before we have to choose, or was that just a mistake by this character?

Looks like we have this region's Pikachu clone. Pawmi. From the pokedex mentioning it's arms, I wonder if this one will end up Electric/Fighting.

So, a 4 player mode is going to be in this game. I don't know how to feel about that. Hopefully, they've improved the AI for your offline partners since SWSH.

OOOH, those Box Legendaries! I like both of these guys! I *might* be leaning towards Violet's Mecha-Dragon, but Scarlet's Feather Dragon is also pretty cool. I do wonder what's up with their throats, though. Energy Generators? ...Wheels? Wasn't there a rumor about riding around on the Legendaries? That would be...strange, but it could work. (Pokemon ON/ARE motorbikes...?)

Koraidon (Ancient Dragon) and Miraidon (Future Dragon). So, we have a past/future motif?

And...some sort of teaser with a Pokeball in a crystally, diamondy place. Might be the third legendary, I guess. But, I don't know.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Zaku:
That was my read on the "Are you these three's trainer?" bit. It really looks like to me we get all three starters.

Or it could be a different part of the game and not about the starters at all. Maybe it was a mis-translation. There's so many ways this could have been taken out of context.

I don't know...but it looked like a very deliberate thing they put in the trailer. If true, I'm going to go absolutely nuts.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Only question is if we'll be able to freely yeet balls at the pokemon like in Arceus or if we'll still be required to battle to catch them.

Catching is like traditional Pokemon.

Honestly I can't see going the arceus route here, as there would be no reason for you to catch hundreds of fletchling.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So my first real PLA shiny was a Vulpix at a mass outbreak I went to so I could finish the pokedex entry. Too bad I don't need a fire type since Typhlosion is one of my core 'mons. Finished the third zone but haven't touched the fourth zone yet - just backtracking a bit right now to check out the rest of the other zones now that I have the ability to cross water.

Caldwin

Citizen
Shiny Vulpix is awesome. I have a shony alpha Ninetails, but it would be cool to get a Vulpix as well. Congrats!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The third and final part of the Legends Arceus anime is out.

Also, you can get a special mask for your character in Legends Arceus if you check your Mystery Gift.

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Melmetal + Meltan, Charmander, Dienox4, Slowpoke and Pidove this week.
Thrilled about Charmander, he's going into Let's Go Pikachu,

Caldwin

Citizen
"I don't understand a word of what you're saying, but this sounds epic and I'm reblogging this for my Pokemon-savvy friends," is the best part of it. You know something is epic when even someone who has no idea what's going on can understand the significance of the moment.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Official Scarlet/Violet News incoming!
(The Scarlet/Violet news starts around the 9:00 mark)
The Pokemon World Championship is returning! Sure! Fine! Probably!

Pokemon Go Ultra Beast outdoor events! Sure! Fine! Probably!

Pokemon Unite events! Much Pikachu! Wow! Too bad this game is a bit of a ripoff!

Pokemon Masters EX Three-Year Anniversary Event! I wish this story was being told in literally ANY OTHER WAY! Crossovers are cool!

Pokemon Cafe ReMix! You can make lunch with Mewtwo! Mewtwo has never eaten a homecooked meal, being born in a lab! And that's sad!

*Throws the previous 9 minutes in the trash*

Now for the stuff we CARE about!

Wow, they actually made mascot costumes for all the starters. I guess they probably ALWAYS do that, but I don't think we see them very often in the west.

Wait...is this confirmation of voice acting or not?

So, this game is focused around a treasure hunt. Makes sense, with the open world.

How early are we getting these box legendaries? As much as they're featuring them, it MUST be fairly early on.

Pokemon Battles on Motorbikes CONFIRMED! Yusei Fudo would be proud! Or starting a lawsuit, we'll see.

New GIANT Sunflora form?

I"m going to have to look up more about these new Pokemon on the website, aren't I?

Oooh....the Pokemon are all sparkly! It's a pretty effect, anyway. And they get...special...hats? Okay, now this is just Team Fortress 2.

Gym Battles are back! I think we knew this. But, it sounds like we CAN do them in any order. Not sure how that works. Is there level scaling? After you get 1 gym badge do all the other gym leaders AND wild pokemon gain 10 levels?

So...they're saying there's two other stories, other than the main Gym and League story? Post game content?

Arven likes to cook. So I'm guessing the CurryDex and Camping is making a return.

The Paldea region. Not sure what the origin of that name is.

Paldean Wooper is a black repaint. Neat.

Fidough! Gotta love that pun. And it looks like a cinnamon bun! (heh). It's cute...but probably weak.

Cetitan! ...I don't really love it. It's just a Mace-Whale with slightly awkward proportions. Like a failed Qwilfish evolution.

As a single-player, the focus on multiplayer has me a little worried, but as long as it isn't TOO much a part of the game...it's fine.

Okay, so it's looking more and more like we're going back to SWSH's battle and capturing system. They probably didn't have enough time to change it over to LA's system. On the battling side of things, I might prefer this. I never got into the rhythm of LA's battles. On the capturing side of things....LA was SO much nicer. If they can't do it in this game, please use LA's capture mechanics in the next one, Gamefreak.

Terastal! Terastallize! These words...do not flow gently off the tongue. Not a fan of these words. Again, it looks nice enough. The hats...might ruin the look, though, the hats are goofy. As for the gimmick itself...it feels like the most fiddly of all the gimmicks we've gotten so far. They basically get a different typing...but ONLY if they already HAVE the special Tera-type, like a hidden ability. That's...kind of boring. I could see it shaking up the meta-game online, but in-game? I'm not sure I'm ever going to use this, nevermind hunting down the ONE special Pokemon that has the best secret typing. And how DOES this work with Pokemon like Eeevee. If you have a normal-tera-type Eevee and then evolve into a Flareon...it'd still be normal-tera-type, right? Meaning you wouldn't be getting a big boost to any fire-type moves. That seems like...it's actively making things worse.

Like...imagine this Shiny Rayquaza. In all it's Black and Gold majesty. Then it crystallizes...and gets the BIGGEST HAT!

So...basically...
halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-toweringpillarofhats.jpg

Oh...Raid Battles are back...great...*sigh* look, I just wish the highest levels in these Dens weren't SO IMPOSSIBLE without online friends. With just the NPCs, some of these battles are nightmares, with the fainting limits and the super-powerful attacks.

Kind of wondering what that red shining plant they keep showing is. One of the Treasure Hunt items?

So...Scarlet/Violet are kind of looking like a step up from SWSH...but a step down from LA. That's...frustrating. Two steps forward, one step back, I guess. I'm still getting it. I can't NOT get it, right?

I'm still not sure which version or starter I'm getting. I'll probably wait until I see the final forms. I MIGHT be leaning towards Koraidon/Violet but...that is NOT a sure thing.

Last edited:

Paladin

Citizen
... if this game actually lets me use Donphan again I will forgive whatever other problems it might have.

Top Bottom