Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I've started on Legends Arceus and gotten far enough that I can accept Mystery Gifts. I've also gotten to the second badge with Brilliant Diamond, and am working my way towards the third.

Sadly, I need to take a break on both for the time being. Got more pressing matters to deal with in real life, and those take priority.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
All this Pokemon Going gave me an itch to play one of the older games, and since the easiest for me to jump back over to was Sword I've replayed that.

I was not expecting the first Raid den I entered to be a shiny Pangoro.

I think that's only my second full odds shiny. ( I'm no longer considering PLA to be full odds, there head to be something being done differently considering I ended up with over 100 shinies)

It actually completely caught me off guard since I hadn't played SWSH in like a year or more, and couldn't remember if those were normal sparkles for raids or not. Couldn't tell it was shiny easily because of the red glow in dynamaxed Pokemon.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I finally got my shiny Ralts (quickly became Gallade) last night. I hadn't played Arceus in days and the first thing I ran into was a Ralts breakout. Had to act fast before it ran away.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
They still haven't added Home compatibility last I heard, so no way to move them over yet. Or has that changed?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Not yet, but I believe they've said it's coming eventually. And one of the trailers for the next gen games had a Hisuan Zoroark in it. So I should get around to it just to be ready.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
yeah, it's definitely coming for PLA. might not be coming for BDSP, though, since ILCA used Unity engine and that causes compatibility problems with Home, which is designed only for the engine(s) Game Freak use (and Go, obv)

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, I'll bet they figure out something there. Even if they have to create some intermediary program that people have to download separately. Pokemon Hotel, or something.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Pokemon Home will get a 2.0 update to make it compatible with BDSP and Legends.

...Eventually. Weird that they announced this is coming without giving us a release date. But, we get some details. And you get some free starters from transferring Pokemon from all the games to Home.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Serebii.net is reporting that Home is undergoing maintenance tomorrow, and that the update for compatibility with BDSP and Legends will likely occur then.

So yeah, it's less 'soon' and more 'almost now'.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just updated Home on my iPhone and the notes say it includes BDSP and LA compatibility. So...soon!

Glitch

Citizen
Quite disappointing to find variants such as Growlthie, Zorua and Liligant can't be transferred to Legends Arceus, we got Alolan Vulpix and Sneasel but I guess they didn't program the rest. BDSP just stops with gen IV Pokemon and has no variants whatsoever, ILCA might update the game but I'm not counting on it and think Gamefreak are well into Scarlet and Violet to return to Legends Arceus.

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
I've caught two shiny alolan Geodude's today with that community event, I had to do it all at home because the local network has been down all day, these Pokemon will only work in Let's Go though since neither BDSP or Legends Arceus has the variants.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Anyone playing Pokemon Go need a new friend for the current Alola research track? Finally upgraded my phone so I can have my own account (as opposed to using the account on my wife's phone that she took over): MisterHaywire 8016 2999 8973

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Seel and Alolan Meowth this week.
I'm reluctant to evolve any shinies I get because years ago I caught Mime Jr and evolved it only for gen VIII to have Galarian Mr Mime.

Top Bottom