Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Glitch

Citizen
They sort of look like Ultra wormholes and the player (with Ingo's) backstory is similar to Anabels in Pokemon SuMo's post game UB missions, and Lookers cameo in ORAS where they both washed up on beaches amnesic. Anabel was recognised as being from Gen 3's RBE games battle tower, and it was implied the Ultra Beasts destroyed that reality afterwards.
In Ultra SuMo you can travel to a world where you find Guzzlord eating rubble, the city looks a lot like one of Alola's cities and this is thought to be the one from SuMo. Looker in ORAS had a Mega stone so he wasn't from gen 3, and he may have come from SuMo's world.
I think Gamefreaks writers have been building up to something.

Also in Go I caught a shiny Squirtle, in Legends Arceus I caught shiny Starley, Magmar and Gastly.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Not to mention Rainbow Rocket in USUM. Which are all from...well, it's left a little vague, but they're all either from games where the protagonist lost, games that were never played, or games where the player never finished the game. I'm not sure how meta they were trying to be with some of these.

And Eternatus and Necrozma are both overpowered Pokemon from other dimensions.

And don't forget about the Link Cable in ORAS which could have sent a meteorite/Deoxys to another dimension. Althogh, I'm not sure if they're ever clear on what the other dimension was. Was it the opposite game version (Omega Ruby for Alpha Sapphire), the original version of the game (Ruby to Omega Ruby), or...something else?

I'm not really sure if they're really leading up to anything, or if they're just adding in some background lore. It makes sense to tie the Pokemon games to alternate worlds if you think about it. We've basically been dealing with alternate dimensions since the very first games. The different versions (Red, Green, Blue) could all be seen as alternate dimensions, if you think about it.

Is anyone playing Masters EX? I'm not sure if they're expanding on some of this stuff there or not. Rainbow Rocket seens to be a thing in that smartphone game.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Rainbow Rocket specifically hasn't come up in Masters. Team Rocket and Giovanni are around, and in one side story he does try to recruit Ghetsis, but it falls apart because they're both blatantly obvious about planning to betray each other.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
DB6B0771-CF11-4BF9-8044-C6F4F2AD79BA.jpeg

You meet all kinds of folk on your Pokémon journey. Take this bloke here. Says he's some sort of creator of the universe, kidnapped me from my world and left me in a time where they don't even have indoor plumbing. I have him living in a ball now. Good times.

94C6A931-295D-46BE-9BE1-79E84FE8E580.jpeg

And here's me with a few of my drinking buddies.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Rainbow Rocket specifically hasn't come up in Masters. Team Rocket and Giovanni are around, and in one side story he does try to recruit Ghetsis, but it falls apart because they're both blatantly obvious about planning to betray each other.

Huh. I guess I just assumed, since Giovanni seems to have the Rainbow Rocket symbol on his jacket.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
pBq2GxK.jpg

The shinies just keep coming! Everyone but Snover was just randomly out in the field, which is a nice change of pace from mass-outbreak-chasing.

Incidentally I'm really glad you can just use an item for trade evolutions in this game -- I got a shiny Graveler in LGP who never evolved because trading's such a pain, so it's great being able to evolve this one no hassle. Hell, I'm glad all the Pokemon are available in a single save file, no version exclusives or only ever getting the one starter/fossil/etc..

Caldwin

Citizen
Yeah, that was one of the things I really liked about LA, no version exclusives. Course it probably help that you absolutely have to complete the pokedex in order to finish the game. So if they hadn't made it possibl, hell would have been raised.

Still, it's nice to see a "one edition with everything in it" game in this serie. I truly hope they keep doing it going forward.

Paladin

Citizen
three Shinys today- Carnivine, Kirlia & Geodude. Two in an outbreak, last one just popped up at random.

Caldwin

Citizen
Weird, now that I have the shiny charm, I just had my first non-shiny night in a while.

Caldwin

Citizen
15 minutes later, shiny Tangrowth. *shrugs*

Edit, scratch that... I just checked the box...it's a shiny ALPHA Tangrowth. That makes my first shiny alpha!

Caldwin

Citizen
I want to know when they'll give Home compatibility to Shining Pearl (and hopefully Arceus). It wouldn't completely fill my living dex on Home, but it would certainly help.

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Scyther today in Pokemon Go. So I got TWO shiny Scyther, now if tomorrow announces Home compatibility for Legends Arceus I'll have me a shiny Kleavor and Scizor.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
saw a riolu mass outbreak yesterday morning and checked it out. a shiny riolu instantly showed up, lol

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
There were some interesting audio cues in that trailer. Could this be when we get the long rumored Sound type?

Glitch

Citizen
And Scarlet and Violet will have Home compatibility.
Unlike Legends Arceus and BDSP.

Apparently.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Following the link at the end of the video, one of the screenshots on the official site includes Hisuan Zoroark. So either the new games will include Hisui forms, or Home compatibility is coming to Legends.

My wife has already claimed the grass cat. Very loudly. Right in my ear. Ow.

Top Bottom