Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
ueKwuV0.jpeg

Glitch

Citizen
I'm debating on which game to send it to, Let's go or Sword or maybe Shining Pearl.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Surprise Bidoof Short!
This was...surprisingly good, actually. It's expressive and dynamic and....I think I really like this style for Pokemon cartoons.

Plus, it jokes about using Bidoof as a HM slave and Staraptor having Hyper Beam. I kind of hope we get more shorts from these guys.

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Geodude (now Golem) and shiny Alolan Grimer?
I got a shiny alolan Marowak and shiny alolan Meowth last year, Go seems to be the easiest game for Shinies.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Was super jealous when Serebii.com's owner posted his latest Shiny from Go. A 4 star Riolu.... That he Hatched!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We finally got caught up on the newest batch of episodes on Netflix. Digging the while sir fetched arc!

Glitch

Citizen
And this morning Volbeat
51823870739_6063a9199f_b.jpg

Some of the ones I caught/transferred this past month.
51824255485_f9dc7ed447_b.jpg

Edit: Four shiny Spheals, I trust peoples Spheal hunts were as fruitful as mine.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We watched Bidoof Stand on the pokemon app, and wow! I never would believe that they could make me like that Pokemon in 6 minutes with no dialog.

Paladin

Citizen
somehow a couple copies of Legends Arceus leaked & as a result pretty much the entire thing has been datamined.

Spoilers for everything are out there if you know where to look.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
If what I've seen about the Starters final evos are true I may have to rethink my Choice of Starter.

Glitch

Citizen
The gen IV legendaries also get new forms, seems Gamefreak had vastly different plans in mind for gen IV, maybe Diamond and Pearl were an old shame.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
You know what? I kind of want to talk about some of the leaks.

Spoilers for the Pokemon below, but maybe a little bit of the plot, too, via some items that I'll mention.
Lets take a look at all the new Pokemon and their shinies:
pokemon_legends_arceus_39.jpeg

1d022a3a227d2f73de80b12806522dd54c3fb171.jpeg
And some more details here:

So, ALL the starters get new final forms. I'll admit, I'm kind of leaning towards Samurott, now. But fire's so useful in these games early on, and I feel like Typhlosion will look a lot better when we get to see the flames around him, and fire/ghost is a interesting combination. All of them get interesting combinations, I kind of like all three well enough. All three are tempting choices. And it looks like all their shinies are based on their original colors...so that probably means something interesting for regular-Typhosion's flames.

Arcanine is GREAT. He looks really cool.

And both versions of Basculegion look really good. Though, I prefer the female versions shiny, I think.

Overqwil is a great name. And it's about time Qwilfish got a evolution. And a neat looking one to boot.

Zorua, Zoroark, and Braviary all get great shinies.

Getting a new member of the Forces of Nature is a odd choice. Especially since those guys are from Gen5 not Gen4.

Now...about those new Legendary forms....I don't like 'em. They look so weird to me. I guess that makes them stand out, though. Apparently, they get these forms from their Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, like Giratina's Griseous Orb. But with Dialga's lack of legs, and Palkia's lack of arms, it makes me wonder if they can combine down the road.

Now, it's odd that Arceus doesn't have a new form, but I guess he's getting a Legend Plate that can give Arceus every typing all at once...so I have to wonder if we're going to get a Day 1 patch that'll put in a new form for Arceus, too. Which would explain why it isn't in this datamine, since the patch wouldn't have gotten leaked, too.

Although, if the rumors are true and there is no breeding...I'm not sure how I'm going to get the other two starters. Might have to wait until Pokemon Home updates and do a couple of playthroughs just to get the other two starters.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Typhlosion has purple flames errupt from Its neck "collar". Theyre a little more animated than just the explosion of fore it usually has. The tips of the ghostly flame sway left and right.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Ah, here we go, Typhlosion with flames:
Yeah, that does look better to me. Although, he always looks so sleepy in all of these.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The weird thing about the
starter Type Match ups is that the Fighting part of Hisuian Decidueye is completely negated by Hisuian Typhlosion's Ghost type unlike the others just resistants.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well after grabbing Shining Pearl Digitally and feeling the need to go through Ultra Sun and grabbing that digitally, I just went and got Legends Arceus off the E-Shop too. I'm still wanting to grab a physical copy just in case but I'm eager to see where this game goes. But one thing that kind of bugs me is the scale of technology in this time Pokeballs are just coming into useage but smart phones are a thing? Weird

Top Bottom