Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Who leads your team?

wUUuGUP.jpg

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Well, once there's a Switch game that allows the Fennekin line, I got a shiny Delphox just itching for a fight.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Let's see. G1 I went water. G2 I went fire. G3... I don't remember. That one was just a forgettable blur to me.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
In order: Water, fire, fire, grass, fire, water, grass, grass.

Don't feel any real connection to the gen 3 or 8 starters, though. Just not my favorite sets.

Caldwin

Citizen
I usually end up with all of them, but I almost always start with fire...except oddly enough my very first Pokémon ever was a Mudkip named Spitter.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
None of the above:
LLmUjeB.png

Of the listed:
Fire, Water, um...Grass?, definitely Grass, Grass again, Water, back to Grass, Water

Gen III is hard to remember since I like all three equally.

Paladin

Citizen
more often than not if you don't pick the Fire starter you're SOL for that type for the rest of the game.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I never played with a strategy. I just pushed buttons until something worked.

Glitch

Citizen
I'm conflicted about DBSP in that it looks like a 1:1 remake and considering it's made by ILCA rather then Gamefreak that could be the case, the new trailer just touted the Underground as 'Grand Underground' and that's it.
If it can have all Pokemon, gen V through VIII and mega evolutions and formes I might grab a copy but there's rumours it will have a limited Pokedex.
Gamefreaks focus seems to be on Legends Arcues which seems more promising.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I'm conflicted about DBSP in that it looks like a 1:1 remake and considering it's made by ILCA rather then Gamefreak that could be the case, the new trailer just touted the Underground as 'Grand Underground' and that's it.
If it can have all Pokemon, gen V through VIII and mega evolutions and formes I might grab a copy but there's rumours it will have a limited Pokedex.
Gamefreaks focus seems to be on Legends Arcues which seems more promising.

Well we do know that it'll have more than D/P pokedex. But I do not expect it to have up to gen VIII.

spikeriley

Citizen
So, the next Pokémon movie is going to hit Netflix next month, and to celebrate, anyone who registers in the Pokemon Trainer Club by September 25th will be getting two Pokemon for Sword and Shield (Dada Zarude and a shiny Celebi).

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
So, the next Pokémon movie is going to hit Netflix next month, and to celebrate, anyone who registers in the Pokemon Trainer Club by September 25th will be getting two Pokemon for Sword and Shield (Dada Zarude and a shiny Celebi).
Well I sure hope email code distribution actually works this time!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Have you been getting the other Pokemon newsletters they put out? They usually send some sort of a ad out once a month, towards the middle or end of the month. (I think the latest one was "Fly High with Sword & Shield - Evolving Skies" back in August.) You might have to change your e-mail settings to allow them to come in. Not just your spam filter, sometimes your e-mail will just block the newsletter from coming in altogether. You might need to go into options and manually put in a exception for the Pokemon Newsletter's address.

I'll admit, BDSP looks kind of...skippable to me, too. I'm sure they'll have some sort of Delta Episode thing for the postgame, but still. I thought that maybe it would feature Manaphy, since the Ranger games aren't a thing anymore. BUT...you're just going to be given a Manaphy egg over the internet.

Now, Legends Arceus keeps looking better and better. And that's the one I want to make sure I pick up. I mean...it's got new pokemon, so I really have no choice, but still. It's going to be fun to be able to Soar again, too. Still don't know who my starter's going to be, though. They picked the most popular starters, and they know it. And since there's only one version of this game, a part of me is wondering if some wild pokemon will be locked behind what starter you pick. They haven't said anything like that, but it seems like something they would do. It's still Gamefreak, so they might still manage to mess it up, but this seems like their most high-effort Pokemon game in a while. I'm really hoping this one's good.

Caldwin

Citizen
Arceus is looking like one of the better games coming up. I haven't heard enough to completely commit, but I'll probably get it. I usually go for the fire starters. But of these starters, I have the most familiarity with Rowlett, so I'll probably go with him.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Between the disappointment of Sword/Shield and the excitement of Arceus, and me still owning all three DPP games, I don't see a real point in BDSP. Especially since they avoided the obvious meme of "Shining Diamond."

Been replaying Platinum, largely as an excuse to use a Gastrodon again. I actually planned out the entire team before hand since TMs are only one-time use and certain items are pretty rare, which is a nice change of pace from the more recent games where you can grab any Pokemon and load them up with a decent movepool from the start.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'll probably pick up Diamond just because Sinnoh is my favorite region, but I'm not super hyped about it. USUM, Let's Go, and SwSh didn't really wow me.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't played the Switch game lately, but I have been playing Go a lot lately.

Also, we bought a ton of Pokemon stuff this weekend at Gamestop. We got the plushies for Yamper, Scorebunny, and Treeko!

Top Bottom