Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Also, here's a depressing thought about Legends Arceus. The Hisui region is the Sinnoh region only a few hundred years in the past, right? I guess that means something happened to make all these new Pokemon extinct by the time DPPt happens. Or Arceus took them all away on a Ark or something by the end of the game. Kind of obvious, but it didn't occur to me until now.
Given that different versions of the same region already exist with different Dexes, it's just as likely that the new Hisui Pokemon are still around, they're just kinda.....over there, off camera, in the places we didn't go in the other games.

Alternately: we've been able to ressurrect fossils since Gen 1. Extinction is temporary.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
That's more like it! I can actually see what's going on.

Zorua is cute. But, Hisuian Zoroark almost seems like...too much? That hair is just so...poofy, and almost seems like too much like Lycanroc Midnight Form. And I'm not quite sure what they're referencing with the red tips, which might be a little too long and tentacle-like for my liking, personally. I probably just need to see them from a different angle. I do like what looks like tribal markings or tattoos on their bodies. It's a nice little touch.

FCOu9V_VUAAzn0x.jpg

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
In Zoroark's defense, it could've been thinking the guy was endangering its baby. I know I wouldn't want anyone to hurt my baby.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yesterday I finally got my first 3 star raid win!

It was a Alola marowak, which is my first of that pokemon! Glad to get him, and really glad that random jumped in to help!

spikeriley

Citizen
In Zoroark's defense, it could've been thinking the guy was endangering its baby. I know I wouldn't want anyone to hurt my baby.

That is true. And I doubt the cameraman was killed. Possibly scared off by the shadow. Nintendo would never allow Pokémon to be that dark (even though Pokemon Legends: Arcues will have the player character taking damage, chances are he/she will black out and recover at whatever serves as a Pokemon Center when his/her HP reaches zero).

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
At least, it'd never get that dark outside of Pokedex entries. Some of those are still pretty sick.

Not that the series hasn't hard other dark moments. Gen 1 had Team Rocket killing Marrowak and getting trapped on top of the tower by her vengeful ghost, and Gen 5 had Ghetsis try to kill the player with Kyurem. Then there's Lysandre's fate in Gen 6.....

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Nintendo would never allow Pokémon to be that dark

"Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns."

"After a lost child perished in the forest, their spirit possessed a tree stump, causing the spirit’s rebirth as this Pokémon.
With a voice like a human child’s, it cries out to lure adults deep into the forest, getting them lost among the trees."

"This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug."

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Imagine this Pokemon sidequest: You're asked by the cameraman's wife to find out what happened to her husband. (You found a....FROZEN CORPSE! *doot do-do-do-dooo*).

Okay, seriously, I'm fully expecting either more videos from this same guy, just to show that he's alive, and to show off more Hisui-exclusive Pokemon (maybe revealing him to be a professor for the area, or something)...or a sidequest in the game itself FROM the cameraman asking us to retrieve his camera for him so that the player can meet up with the new Hisui-forms from the video. This is probably not the end of Cameraman's story.

Last edited:

spikeriley

Citizen
"Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns."

"After a lost child perished in the forest, their spirit possessed a tree stump, causing the spirit’s rebirth as this Pokémon.
With a voice like a human child’s, it cries out to lure adults deep into the forest, getting them lost among the trees."

"This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug."

That's possibly as dark as Nintendo will allow it (heck, Hypno's Pokedex entry in Pokemon FireRed has the species portrayed as a child abductor).

Top Bottom