Gotham Knights - CW TV series

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
The trailer is now here for the upcoming Gotham Knights series, premiering on The CW in early 2023.

In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Heh. What kind of costumes are these actors even going to get down the road?

zlieScd.png

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I gave up on most of the CW shows years ago, so this is no skin off my back, but it's baffling that they canceled Batwoman and are going with this instead.
I've been watching most of them up until Naomi hit. I had no idea it was DC at the time. But this.... I have no desire to watch this at all knowing it is tied to DC. It's obvious the Arrowverse is aging out on itself with only really the Flash's final season left but going with Batman X Riverdale to push DC..... It's like the CW is doing it's best to sabotage themselves.. which probably is the case considering the change in management.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
WB is trying to sell off the CW, so they probably aren't putting in a TON of effort into making new shows. I'm not even sure if upper management WANTS them to make anything too successful right now, because if it takes off trying to move it to streaming or something could be a headache with sorting out contracts. They probably just want something that will keep the lights on, but not much else.

The management of the CW probably has some REAL bad senior-itis right about now. Their jobs are probably up in the air, so they're probably just going to coast while polishing their resumes.

All that being said, I actually don't think this looks terrible for a CW show. I might even check out the first episode. Just out of curiosity.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

Gotham Knights has been cancelled.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Not really a surprise, but kind of a shame. It's been a okay show. Some fun characters. It's weird that this version of Batman apparently never fought Two Face before, but...meh *shrug* But, this show never really had a chance once they started putting ALL their shows on the chopping block.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
That really sucks. It's a bit of an oddball show continuitywise, but I really liked the characters and how the writing did some interesting stuff that was both different and familiar at the same time.

Top Bottom