GI Joe/Transformers Crossover Movie Rumors....The "HE TELL ME" Thread!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
There's basically no proof of this outside of a random guy on twitter saying it's possible. But, I could see it happening.

On the one hand, they've tried to make GI Joe happen so many times at this point, I just don't see it working THIS time. On the other hand, if random military people HAVE to show up in a Transformer movie, they might as well be the Joes.

Anyway, it's possible. But, it could EASILY get shelved due to any number of factors, if Hasbro is even actually considering it.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
The tweet doesn't even specify what "it" is. Could be a TV show or something.

But, definitely within the realm of possibility. As you say, if there's gonna be military guys in a TF movie, why not make them Joes?

(I still want a Fast and Furious/Transformers crossover movie first though)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Apparently (do not click the spoiler if you don't want something from Rise of the Beasts spoiled for you),
reports from the movie's premiere in Singapore are claiming there is an end credits scene at the end of Rise of the Beasts that hints at a potential crossover with GI Joe forthcoming.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I mean, on the one hand, it's not really that surprising. The comics Hasbroverse wasn't that long ago, I'm sure there is still at least some desire to create a shared universe with some of Hasbro's most iconic brands.

On the other hand, GI Joe has not had the greatest track record in theaters, so maybe a reboot in the Transformers universe is seen as the best way to salvage the brand's cinematic potential.

The problem, as I see it, is unless they are willing to lean hard into some of the wackier aspects of GI Joe, you wind up with something more or less indisguishable from NEST or Sector 7 or any other forgettable military groups from the films. The addition of Cobra might mitigate this somewhat, but I'm just not convinced that the tone of the live-action Transformers up to now would be all that compatible with that level of wackiness.

Maybe I will change my opinion after seeing RotB, if it is a soft reboot of sorts. If a crossover does happen, I hope we get to see the main Transformers team take a crack at iconic Joe and Cobra vehicles into Transformers.

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean, i still think the best (NEST??) time to spin Joe out of transformers was with Lennox's team in 2007, but that ship had sailed. Presumably it could just happen again and considering how successful joe movies have been, latching them to transformers wouldn't hurt at all.

Top Bottom