Ghostbusters General

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, as insane a possibility as it is, maybe someone at Sony will convince the Ghostbusters production crew to try and do their own version of what's recently been done with Spider-Man.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As much as I loved the movie as a bookend to a wonderful trilogy.. I'd be fine if they just left it at that

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I would've been fine if they left it like that but I'm certainly more than happy to get more.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'm ok with it if we continue to utilize the original timeline and build on it.

Just drop the Gozer cult angle this time and do something more original. I have a hard time believing there is no other ghastly events caused in the world other than a possesed painting. I mean counting the Video Game that Ramis and Akroyd helped make, Gozer had three chances already. Give it up and go take over another dimension with your overgrown hellhounds already.

Shadewing

Citizen
tbf, Gozer really didn't have much to do with the Videogame, that was all Evo Shandor trying to attain godhood and basically replace Gozer.
I mean, no wonder Gozer wasn't happy to see him in Afterlife

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And afterlife was shandor trying to cut a deal and share with gozer.

And was appropriately chastised.

Badgertron

Citizen
So, I just found out about the Real Ghostbusters figures from Diamond Select that released a few years ago. They look pretty good, but it looks like they are incredibly expensive already! Has there been any info on whether Hasbro can do Plasma Series figures based on the animated series?

Caldwin

Citizen
There has been a 2nd installment confirmed for After Life and new details will be posted upon confirmation. So far known is it will continue from After Life 1.

Also known is this movie will be set in New York at the Ghostbusters Firehouse.

This topic was on the third page, so I'll be nice and just quote it with no further comment.

That being said, guys, why was this on the third page? I mean, I realize it's as much my fault as anyone else's, but this is Ghost Busters. This and TMNT should not be falling off the first page. We need to be doing better!

*get's out the whip*

wonko the sane?

Citizen
We will talk more about it when there's more to talk about. Not like their doing a saturday morning cartoon anymore, it's been a while since we got new content or news.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, there was a game released recently, but it kinda came and went. Asymmetric multiplayer games aren't super popular.

Caldwin

Citizen
We will talk more about it when there's more to talk about. Not like their doing a saturday morning cartoon anymore, it's been a while since we got new content or news.

Totally fair, but also totally sad. Like, TMNT, Transformers, He-Man...it's like a renaissance of comics, shows and toys (I'm assuming in TF case because I haven't really watched/read anything, but the toy aisle seems alive and well).

But for some reason Ghost Busters always seems to completely die off between movies as if it wasn't just as big as the others back in the day.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Honestly, when there's this much dead space between iterations of content, I'm surprised the franchise even survived. The fact that it has this kind of... I dunno, shambling longevity is a testament to how adored it actually is.

Caldwin

Citizen
While true, it would be nice if they'd give us greedy little collectors something to hold us over until the next movie: comics, toys...something. Like seriously, it felt like no sooner did the Afterlife Bluray make its way onto store shelves than the toy were taken off.

wentwood

Citizen
I plan to watch After Life 1 before the new movie cones out on DVD this winter. I watched a few minutes on Starz and it looks good so I'll add this to my disk library.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
It was pretty good. Not as good as the original, but the original was one of those stars-aligning kind of things so you can't really expect it to be.

Top Bottom