Ghostbusters General

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Well you know me. I can't let Caldwin post a collection, and then not post mine!

20220117_020211.jpg

Nowhere near what he has. (Or probably many of you) Sadly don't have much of the cartoon. Mainly because the original print is difficult to get, and the re-release I hear has many episodes that featured Lorenzo Music, dubbed over with Dave Coulier, and I'd rather have the original dubs.

I used to have the two NES games once upon a time, but they were either stolen or sold years ago. I honestly can't remember which.

Yes that is the PS4 Top Down shooter Ghostbusters game. Yes it's not good, but I figured it'd make good streaming slaughter someday.

Yes the 2016 "Answer the Call" Movie is NOT good. (I know some do enjoy it, but it was NOT for me) Even so I don't really 'hate' the movie, and wanted to see the extended version, so I bought that steelbook you see and frankly:

20220117_020251.jpg

I don't regret that at ALL. This artwork is beautiful. I'll keep it for that alone.

Then I have the Orginal Movie Soundtrack. (Track 7 is still a favorite of mine. The scene it plays in is forever burned in my memory)

And I have the 360 version of the 2009 game. I swear I also have that shirt that came with it, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where it is. >_<

I want the latest movie, the rest of the cartoon, and I do need to pick up the Remastered version of the game.

I also want the Wii version, as I hear it's practically a different game.

And that's it. I don't have a very impressive collection, but I have a feeling I have something Caldwin will be jealous of me for. :devilish:

20220117_020325.jpg

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yep Venkman gave Dana/Zuul a sedative, and later on once the two come together it is implied that Zuul and Vinz get it on before heading upstairs to go full doggy style. Pun very intended.
OMG. Haha!

Oh yeah, I do remember the sedative being mentioned now.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
1896E407-DB68-4450-963A-BEA1D70899DE.jpeg

I honestly forgot I had the physical version of this until I saw your photo. I also have digital versions for The sountracks for 2 and Afterlife.

I forget when I got this. It was off Amazon, so not exactly a first print. I wonder if maybe that's why yours has a white border where mines all black?

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Pretty sure I got my soundtrack at Walmart for 5 bucks. So mine might be some weird cheap version, but hey it works.

Caldwin

Citizen
What is it? I almost want to say popcorn bucket, but it looks like it's made of cloth?

----

Like I said before, I was one issue short of having the entire NOW Comics production. I just received that issue today from eBay...soooooo.....

50CCBDB4-1694-40EA-BDA4-586279FD0A61.jpeg

Starting with the Ghostbusters II movie adaptation.

6A86B4CD-1056-4853-9261-FCC65170DEDE.jpeg

1AC45C4F-CC8A-469C-808A-8424179FD25E.jpeg

412B2D9C-3C77-44EC-802D-FE16373D682B.jpeg

That's the first volume of comics ending with 28.
79687BA5-4680-4F56-A63F-A4BF11DFE38C.jpeg

Volume 2 had it even worse with only 4 issues, 2 Annuals and a 3D effort. That also my one physical IDW comic I own. Not pictured of course are my ComiXology collections of Ghostbusters The Other Side and a Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover.

78553684-438C-4949-A248-A4B2B45E6EFC.jpeg

And the coffee table books.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
It IS a popcorn bucket. It's made of plastic. You basically were able to pay an extra 2 bucks on a large popcorn to get it at the theater I went to.

They had soda cups as well, but I didn't end up grabbing one. Mainly because if I try and drink anything during a movie, I'll have to leave for the restroom before it's over. >_< Getting older sucks.

Caldwin

Citizen
Nice!

Yeah, I don't even visit the concession stand before movies. For one thing, things are way overprice. But also, like you said, there's no way I'd make it through the movie without having to go to the restroom. Getting older does suck.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I can't sit through a 2-hour (or more) movie without something. A drink, at least. I've always been a sucker for concession stands, whether it's at a sports game (great time to chow down on a massive, juicy hot dog), movie theatre or wherever else. It's a part of the experience.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They need to bring back intermissions! Let the movie makers decide where they go so they don't interrupt the flow too badly. Especially for your 3+ hour epics like Lord of the Rings.

Caldwin

Citizen
I can't sit through a 2-hour (or more) movie without something. A drink, at least. I've always been a sucker for concession stands, whether it's at a sports game (great time to chow down on a massive, juicy hot dog), movie theatre or wherever else. It's a part of the experience.
I mean, I would love some Junior Mints and a drink (though with my history with kidney stones, maybe not a soda). But when I'm home, I never make it through a movie without having to pause for a restroom break. When I go out to a movie, I'm usually really in panic mode by the time the movies over. So...just can't really do it.

They need to bring back intermissions! Let the movie makers decide where they go so they don't interrupt the flow too badly. Especially for your 3+ hour epics like Lord of the Rings.
I have had this same thought so many times.

Maruten

Citizen
What a lovely movie. It was much less A Ghostbusters Movie than the last three, but it was a superb expansion of the franchise and a love letter to Our Boys (and obviously one in particular). So nice that they got the band back together and gave us a real, onscreen finale for the original cast. I had hoped for a bit more of Janine though.

Caldwin

Citizen
I have never entered the ZUUL building before on the NES. I've always gotten too bored before that. But tonight I toughed it out. I got to the 6th floor before I got game over. My thumb hurts. 6 floors and my thumb hurts. People are supposed to do 22 floors of that shit?

I have nostalgia for it because I actually rented it once as a kid. It's also pretty (in)famous among people who were around at the time. So it's kind of a piece of history.

But now that I own it and have actually gotten to understand what the point actually is...there's nothing that can make me say this game any anything other than a piece of crap. It's a historical piece of crap, but still a piece of crap.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What a lovely movie. It was much less A Ghostbusters Movie than the last three, but it was a superb expansion of the franchise and a love letter to Our Boys (and obviously one in particular). So nice that they got the band back together and gave us a real, onscreen finale for the original cast. I had hoped for a bit more of Janine though.
The bonus scenes give her a bit more to do.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have never entered the ZUUL building before on the NES. I've always gotten too bored before that. But tonight I toughed it out. I got to the 6th floor before I got game over. My thumb hurts. 6 floors and my thumb hurts. People are supposed to do 22 floors of that shit?

I have nostalgia for it because I actually rented it once as a kid. It's also pretty (in)famous among people who were around at the time. So it's kind of a piece of history.

But now that I own it and have actually gotten to understand what the point actually is...there's nothing that can make me say this game any anything other than a piece of crap. It's a historical piece of crap, but still a piece of crap.

I never played the games back in the day, but I am told that the Genesis game was awesome.

The Xbox 360 game was a lot of fun!

Caldwin

Citizen
What I heard was that the Genesis game wasn't awesome, it was just less horrible. Never played it though so I can't really say. Maybe if I find it at a decent price on eBay...

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
The Genesis game wasn't simply a port of an Atari 800/Commodore 64 game like the rest of them were. That's definitely an improvement.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
The Genesis game is a cute and fun little side scroller. I mean it's not OMG AMAZING, but it controls well, and has some neat bosses. All it all for Ghostbuster videogames It's probably the next one you'd want after the 2009 game.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm curious. But any eBay "buy now" is either fairly pricey or an oh so trustworthy way too cheap from China. I may just catch a long play on YouTube.

I think I confusing the Genesis with the Master System though. I think there was a Master System game that was a better version of what was on the NES. Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember the Genesis version was a completely different game that the Angry Video Game Nerd actually didn't rip a new one.

Top Bottom