Ghostbusters General

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, he was mostly dead, up untill Gozer returned. He probably performed some ritual so that he'd come back to life upon Gozer's return, though you have to wonder if he woke up back in 84 too, or if he simply knew that attempt would fail.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Maybe ray didn't have cause to GO to that neighborhood very often, and on the few times he went through he saw one of those "coming soon: Starbucks!" signs.

Then Winston saw it, bought the whole mess, and changed the plans.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Maybe it was a Starbucks at one point and then they closed the location. Still lucky someone didn't just happen to go downstairs and find the containment unit.

Caldwin

Citizen
02B274A2-7248-47B3-A894-7BBCB39A492D.jpeg

Now in my defense, I knew it was bad. I remember it being bad. But I rented it as a kid, I've been on a Ghostbusters kick lately and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just went through the boxes in my garage and hobby room looking for these. So here's what I have.

n8TT00C.jpg

The Ghost House and Ecto 1 I got from garage sales. So they were like this when I got them. I just got Lucky today from Amazon. I remembered having a Winston. I'd forgotten I had 2. The proton stream on Egons proton pack has long since broken off...but he does have his proton pack. I completely forgot I had a Peter Venkmen or Janine...let alone 2 Janine's. So lucky find. And of course there was the line with ordinary people who turned into ghosts. I got the old lady and the garbage man.

You can see I have the PKE meter that came with the proton pack. I'm not sure where the proton pack is. I also used to have the Ghost Popper. But I'm not sure where that it either. I can't imagine that I would have gotten rid of either of them. But as of this picture, I'm not sure where they are.

Ca6JZhq.jpg

Forgot I had this one until after I'd already taken the previous picture. I seem to remember she had a name beyond "female Ghostbuster" but I can't remember what it was.

SwmDL8A.jpg

Pretty sure the pictures clear enough you know what these are. I also have Ghostbusters Afterlife on Amazon Prime Video as well as the GhostBusters Remastered video game on Switch. Also the NES video game pictured above.

Also not pictured, I got a t-shirt that came with the PS3 game (must be in the wash). I also got a Ghostbusters LootCrate that was centered around the 2016 movie before I realized just how trash it was. I did get a nice welcome mat that's just the no-ghost symbol. Also I have the coffee-table-books for Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'm also 1 issue short of a complete comic collection from the Now Comics line...including the Ghostbusters 2 adaptation, the four issue second volume, a 3-D book and 2 annuals. The one issue I'm missing is coming via eBay real soon. I also have Ghost Busters: The Other Side on Comixology.

I'd like to get a Phoebe toy at some point. But Amazon isn't exactly being co-operative on that front.

Soooooooo...yeah. Always curious to see other peoples collections!

Caldwin

Citizen
NOW Comics doesn't exist anymore and these comics aren't in production anymore, not even on ComiXolog. So I'm sure this should be okay.
7888058A-A8D8-463D-AB5A-CFEC783E6813.jpeg

1B686FE0-3495-44E7-81D1-888F6B206635.jpeg

C1C61ABA-1484-4747-9FD0-92927E8272D0.jpeg

5E42D6EA-7656-41FE-B40D-D131E4EE3337.jpeg

E8508DAE-7230-4132-AC77-14615EC8DF17.jpeg

F7EE7C55-FDC7-433F-A8F4-DB69F9C07581.jpeg

C121C48E-21A3-4CEB-9877-925F91BD927E.jpeg

26C3CECA-F0E8-4A7F-89BF-480881F66164.jpeg

243F5365-8881-4636-9523-B62132D745B2.jpeg

D1767D74-0FBE-42A6-91C2-5D50F3C7E8EB.jpeg

4A92FC29-D4CA-42F3-9CD7-9C836A6944A3.jpeg

0B447606-FD14-4770-871F-25A9CE1691C8.jpeg

097F0007-E18B-4129-9320-9DE1385379CE.jpeg

E35E3DBA-9066-4B4A-8E01-E3FA71EBCD76.jpeg

831F8EEA-0D2E-4C51-8182-CCCFC019A40C.jpeg

B3DFFA06-8D25-42F7-BF2F-FF147FFDFEFB.jpeg

343A4989-0C15-4FD2-BFAA-06FCF66822BE.jpeg

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I've got a bunch of old ghostbusters comics. I think I might have those...

Edit: did a quick pass through of my comics. Couldn't find them. Either I don't have them, or I missed them, but I'm questioning my memory AND my organization skills now.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I finally saw this last night.

I liked it. I really did. When the movie was over, I wanted more.

My problem with this film is simple. It needed to not be a film. It needed to be an 8-10 episode season of a series. That way we could have all the time to build up the new characters and settings. Ultimately, I just wanted to spend more time in this world.

At the end, I was floored by all the amazing tributes to Harold Ramis and his character, Egon. With the after credits scenes, I was amped for more. I hope that they pick this up and run with it. Especially if the containment unit is having issues. I loved the scene with Dana and Venkman.

I am wondering why Ivo built a second temple if he went through the effort of making the one on the high rise.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The temple was probably supposed to be seat of power, the tower was how they crossed the line into the universe.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Btw, from my vague memories of GB1, Venkman lied to dog Dana about being the key master and they conjugated. But dog Dana only kissed dog Tully. So Afterlife dog Ant-Man didn't really have to conjugate with dog mom, right?

Caldwin

Citizen
I am wondering why Ivo built a second temple if he went through the effort of making the one on the high rise.

Always have a backup.

Btw, from my vague memories of GB1, Venkman lied to dog Dana about being the key master and they conjugated. But dog Dana only kissed dog Tully. So Afterlife dog Ant-Man didn't really have to conjugate with dog mom, right?
No. Dana/Zuul came on to Venkman but he refused because "it sounds like you've got at least two people in there already." Knowing that she was Zuul and not Dana, he actually was quite the gentleman about it.

Though it wasn't shown, it was implied that Zuul and Vince did copulate, actually confirmed in a deleted scene where Dana later denies it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yep Venkman gave Dana/Zuul a sedative, and later on once the two come together it is implied that Zuul and Vinz get it on before heading upstairs to go full doggy style. Pun very intended.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pun achieved!
Yep Venkman gave Dana/Zuul a sedative, and later on once the two come together it is implied that Zuul and Vinz get it on before heading upstairs to go full doggy style. Pun very intended.

Pun achieved!

Top Bottom