Ghostbusters General

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Bustin make me feel GOOD! The Proton Pack is past all the stretch tiers! So we get the hose! We get the goo!, We get the notes! We get a Guitar Stand! YEAH! :ROFLMAO:

Really as successful as this went I feel they should give the green slime effects to everyone.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I missed it. I was tempted but I had to pass just as I did on the Skystriker and Unicron. I know I'll probably "regret" both, but I just can't justify that much money right now going to frivolous items.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Makes perfect sense, unfortunately. I had the same issue. I loved it, it is something I've always wanted to have, and the stretch goals that solved most of my initial issues were excellent. But the multi-hundred dollar decorative backpack, that needs an extra hundred-plus buck toy to complete, was not on par with the fact that my driveway is needing reworking badly and I have to keep the car running. So as with Unicron, I will look forwards to all the pictures and youtube videos!

Last edited:

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
From the sounds of it, this Haslab stuff can easily sell for double the price on the secondary market once it's been released. I picked up 2 Neutrona wands and 2 packs. Either I'll have a second complete pack to sell and make the money I spent on both back, or (financies depending) I'll have one to modify and play around with while keeping the other one stock.

In the past, a complete fan-made pack could easily run $1500-2000 with full electronics and whatnot.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Eh... It was pretty much as good as GB2 and if you're making an Ultimate set it should include Everything.

-ZacWilliam, but I'm not in the market for an Ultimate set so it's hard to care too much

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, it contains the three movies that are set in the same continuity, which makes sense. It doesn't have any of the animated series or anything either, so its not like they were really declaring it to be the complete collection of all things Ghostbusters.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He wanted to distance himself from the Ghostbusters franchise and do something "different". Can't have it both ways. He could have just as easily done a soft reboot instead of ignoring the previous two movies.

But these three movies that are in the set are connected. It doesn't make any sense to add a movie nobody wanted and nobody liked and raise the price of the set. If someone wants the 2016 movie they can go to the 5 dollar bin at Walmart and buy it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean, it contains the three movies that are set in the same continuity, which makes sense. It doesn't have any of the animated series or anything either, so its not like they were really declaring it to be the complete collection of all things Ghostbusters.
They literally used the word "ultimate" in the name.

spikeriley

Citizen
Yeah, the 2016 film was omitted because it was its own universe, with no connection to the other three films (even the returning cast who made cameos were basically playing different characters).

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Okay, so I checked on Amazon. You can get Ghostbusters Afterlife digitally January 3. Like...no shit, that's this Monday!

Now for physical releases that's going to be February 1s. So I guess I'll be double dipping on this one. I just don't want to wait a whole other month to see this again.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
You know what, I might do the same. I already saw it twice in theater and could definitely watch it a few more times with family.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
That Ultimate Edition boxset is up on Amazon Canada for $99.99, around $78 USD. Compared to the $140 USD or so it's going for from most US retailers, that's not bad.

Normally I don't like double dipping on titles within the same format, and I've already purchased Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on 4K... but the number of additional bonus features this new set is going to have is really phenomenal.

spikeriley

Citizen
Okay, so I checked on Amazon. You can get Ghostbusters Afterlife digitally January 3. Like...no shit, that's this Monday!

Now for physical releases that's going to be February 1s. So I guess I'll be double dipping on this one. I just don't want to wait a whole other month to see this again.

Yeah, some movie studios release new movies on digital before physical.

MrBlud

Citizen
All things being equal I prefer physical media but when it’s between a $35 UHD disc and a $5-$8 digital purchase it’s not very equal at all…

Top Bottom