Ghostbusters General

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’m disappointed every time I see the movie PKE meter. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon over the movies that I got to watch later. So I’m always expecting the boxy video screen look of the meter compared to the thin meter of the movies.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Either that or they know posting a contrarian review will attract eyeballs.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not like that fact hasn't been known for a bit yet thanks to the toyline. And I'm not expecting an exact recreation of the original movies. Even with the rumored returns the main cast isn't a group of 30 somethings trying to start up a ghost hunting and exterminating business.

But one hopes this guy is exaggerating the tropey plays this is going to have. This is a very unfavorable review.
I see Afterlife doing the same thing Force Awakens did: There is going to be a hard divide between people enjoying the callbacks and character returns with a new story. And then there are going to be people ripping it apart for not being "new enough" or simply playing to nostalgia.
Most of the other reviews seem to skew on the positive side, but not AMAZING. Y'know, kind of like The Force Awakens.

The international trailer is out, and, as is so often the case, gives us a better overall look, including some fan service that SHOULD have been in prior trailers. Maybe a bit spoiler-ish but it's not like we haven't seen enough to figure out the film's plot in a wide strokes anyway.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So wasn't much of anything for PulseCon other than a tease for the upcoming Haslab coming on the 27th. Presumed to be a Proton Pack to go with the previously released wand.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
a kid named "podcast" and a fortnite tie-in. You know where they're aiming THEIR advertising dollars.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
FYI Amazon is running an Epic Daily Deal (10/25/21) on the new Hasbro Ghostbusters toys:
Ecto 1 is marked down to $18.49, while the first wave of figures are marked down to $6.49. Though, if you’re lucky, the Venkman and Winston figures might be the wave 2 variations that include better ghost figurines.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So Spengler's Proton Pack Haslab is going for 399.99 before taxes. Initial backing target is 7,000

9,000 unlocks the Classic Bundle
11,000 unlocks the Afterlife Bundle
13,000 Unlocks the Spengler Special (?)
15,000 is the Supernatural Stand

and Pulse Premium Backers who back withing the first 2 days (Friday by 7 PM eastern) get some slime attachments.

And yes it can hold the already released Neutrona wand.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
They already have 3k of the 7k it needs to fund. Damn Ghostbusters fans putting their money where their mouth is!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Hooo boy! The Proton Pack has more backers than the Skystriker and Rancor both already! Skystriker is at jst over 4,500 backers, the Rancor at 3,861.

The Proton Pack is at 4,630

Current as of just before the slime add on cut off for Premium members is 5,188! less than two days and less than 2000 backers needed! I kinda feel bad for the other HasLab Projects now.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
One thing I do wonder (and I will have to find out second hand as I don't have the money) is if there is any sort of hose to connect the wand to the pack? After all, they are sort of a 'set', and I'd expect most who order the pack to either already have the gun part or are ordering one now. They said the side-clips are compatible, but nothing about a direct connection?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Some who say the initial posting on the site say that the hose is part of the 1st tier unlocks. I really don't get why Pulse hides the tier unlocks.

Geek Dad Life was talking about it with the list here at 19:10 in.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Less than 20 to go for the Proton Pack.

EDIT Aaaand now its funded!

Last edited:

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Well, that blew right through the funding goal. Barely more than a week in. I'd say there's a new bar for measuring the success of a HasLab project.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
It's about time there was a reasonably-priced, good-quality replica available. I'm definitely hopping on board this.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Well, that blew right through the funding goal. Barely more than a week in. I'd say there's a new bar for measuring the success of a HasLab project.

Please. The Sentinel and the Razor Crest both exceeded initial funding in a day.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yeah the Pack wasn't the fastest funder. But compared to it current Haslab projects along side them it curbstomped them the way there. But I think it had the advantage over both the Rancor and Skystriker. With the other two you are taking two properties split between two differering size classes anymore with Joe's 3.75' line still floundering to take hold again, and many Star Wars Collectors still wanting that smaller scale over the Black Series 6" scale. The Pack however is a roleplay/costuming prop replicas dream for many a person even outside the toy collectors circles. As much as I love many of these 80 properties, one thing I always wanted as a kid was a Ghostbusters set up for myself. And I'm sure I'm far from alone in that thought.

Also they did reveal tier one on the website for 9,000, and it's just like the video above had. Classic pack will include a connection hose for the Neutrona Wand and decals to make it look more like a pack and wand from the original movies. I imagine we'll get there easily and if that's the worst we do it'll be the best stretch goal to me.

Paladin

Citizen
"Like the ghost blowjob sequence; Afterlife is 2 hours of middle-aged men being fellated by something long expired."

Top Bottom