Ghostbusters General

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
These kind of games always have a single play mode: the quality of the AI will determine if it's viable to play alone. Back 4 blood failed at this: the very first campaign mission is incompletable without human players because the AI is just... so ******* bad. Like: make a mod removing the other 3 characters because you're playing alone anyway.
What? B4B is often easier with bots.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Have they improved the AI, cause I found the bots don't even shoot half the time.

Course, the last time I actually played with bots was launch week...

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I mean dead people are a bit of a crux about the franchise a bit so.......

But despite the derivative plot of Gozer coming again and everything it was a much better movie than Answer the Call was. I'm hoping they can at least keep a couple of the Kids. Though there is going to have to be a bit of a time skip at this point.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I loved afterlife, and I'm looking forward to a sequel.

Of course, I loved answer the call too, and still want a sequel for that one as well.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am hoping that we will get a new group of characters. I really hope that Paul Rudd and Egon's family are done. Lets go back to the other three, Dana, and maybe th next crop of Ghostbusters!

I want Rick Moranis back!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am just hoping that we got he way of the post credits scenes and follow Winston and him bringing the ghostbusters back instead of Podcast, the least interesting kid from Stranger Things, and the rest of Egon's family. I mean why have them in there when you can shift back to actual Ghostbusters operating in New York again? Is Egon's Daughter really going to be that interesting? Or his Grandkids? Does it make sense to keep following them when the post credits scene is setting up the containment grid failing as Winston restarts the Ghostbusters?

MrBlud

Citizen
The same reason you made Afterlife with *them* instead of the actual Ghostbusters beyond a cameo.

Ackroyd and Hudson will probably be back in some capacity and it will likely take place in New York dealing with the grid fallout but expecting them to get a whole new cast (or use only the old as Hell originals) is just not going to happen.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I am just hoping that we got he way of the post credits scenes and follow Winston and him bringing the ghostbusters back instead of Podcast, the least interesting kid from Stranger Things, and the rest of Egon's family. I mean why have them in there when you can shift back to actual Ghostbusters operating in New York again? Is Egon's Daughter really going to be that interesting? Or his Grandkids? Does it make sense to keep following them when the post credits scene is setting up the containment grid failing as Winston restarts the Ghostbusters?

Man most of us would be down with that!.....If it was 15 to 20 years ago.

We got to face realities here. We aren't going to get a full reunion movie starring the rest of the old cast in the way we'd ever want. The cast is too old to fully handle the movie on their own. That and we all know Murray wouldn't want to fully commit to a full movie. Like Blud said Ackroyd is the one chapioning the series overall so there's no doubt we could get him involved, and they gave Hudson an easy in by being the new GB's financial backer. I think a good mix of both casts would be the way to go. I really don't think we need all the new cast to return but chances are that's the way to follow through by giving the old guard to be able to fully train the new. I had an idea for my take pages ago. But now the easy way to probably get most of the new cast to New York is for Egon's Family + Mom's new boy friend, or perhaps husband at this point, take whats needed back to New York and hook up with Ray in the Firehouse. Whether we retain Podcast or not I really don't care. I had the idea of Oscar ( new actor of course) being down on his luck having his folks give him a push to a job through old Uncle Winston possibly.

Paladin

Citizen
OR they could actually try to tell a NEW story with new characters instead of forcing seventy year old men to pull off elaborate cosplays for probably the rest of their lives.

But **** it; nostalgia's the only thing that turns a ******* profit anymore. Strap on the proton pack & dance for the cameras!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Hey if the 70 year old men people want to see are willing to do it there’s nothing wrong with it. But no doubt they need to tell a newer story. I liked Afterlife a lot but no one can deny that it recycled too much.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When I said " actual Ghostbusters" I don't mean the old guys, I mean actual ghostbusters that have taken up the mantle under Winston since he apparently owns everything and will be in a position to deal with the grid failure. Dana and Venkman can make cameos, same with Ray, but Winston needs to be the main one in charge of the new crew.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And even then, given his rather memorable comment during afterlife, it would be as a boss, mentor or even just dispatcher, to the new crew. By all means, include the others. Ray would probably be spot on for researcher and active support, put a book that peter wrote on the coffee table in the break room, put a nice memorial to egon on the wall. There's no reason tully couldn't be the financial oversight, and hell; why not! Give Janine a nice promotion and make her the teams lawyer.

There's ways to include the old cast without requiring them suit up and start bustin'. They can have cameos and one liners and walk ons without being the central focus. We've already seen that they can do it and still make a good movie.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Of course, I loved answer the call too, and still want a sequel for that one as well.

Unlikely to happen, a sequel to the 2016 film because that lost Sony money and that is why we got Afterlife, to try and regain some of the lost good will, as that movie pretty much kicked off the whole Pop culture war where the media started to dunk on the fans along with people from Hollywood and the end result is, a angry fandom who voted with their wallets and didn't go to see the movie, its like just before the Pendimic forced a lot of places to shutdown, the media tried to promote the failing Birds of Prey, movie over Sonic, yet Sonic made enough to warrent a sequel as people turned up to see the redesgined Sonic and award the filmmakers for listening and making changes

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Oh, I know it's not going to happen: but a man can dream, after all. I held a torch for duke nukem forever right up until the pre-order came in, so I can pine after this for a long while yet.

Top Bottom