tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Are ya playing?
I pulled Baal on a single pink wish lol
I also Got Rosaria and pretty much made her my main after getting her to 80

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Congrats on the early pull. Took me until pity to get her, but I won my 50/50, so that's still good. Plus a couple of copies of Sara.

Yep, still keeping up and loving the game overall. Inazuma exploration has been such a nice breath of fresh air after the seemingly endless filler expansions we had previously.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
My default team:

Screenshot_20210904-085253.jpg

Jean and Sucrose provide some really good juggling/knockdown opportunities and the fire/ice combo from Rosaria and Yanfei is fantastic.

My favorite tactic is lighting enemies up with Yanfei and then hitting them with Sucrose's Elemental Burst, which just turns the world into fire, dragging everything in with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tec

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
My main with me now switching out Beidou for Baal sometimes
E9_9oCPXMAYN9h-.jpg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I ended up downloading it a few days ago when Aloy was announced. Haven’t really played much yet and have no idea what characters are good and such. I’ve got 3 others than the starting two.

The Doctor Who

Citizen
I haven't really come across any bad characters yet. Everyone seems to have good and interesting powers. It's mostly a matter of how you build them and what interactions you're looking for.

Like, obviously, some characters have powers that can be very desirable. Like, Sucrose's Elemental Burst is kinda amazing and I'd highly recommend using her, but it's hardly a must.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Maid Knight TANK is was not kidding about 25k HP and the scary part is I have not maxed out her artifacts yet
E-qhZxjXMAkFKDj.jpg

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
The other night pulled Sayu and tonight I pulled Mona woo

E-0ZBGjXsAQOx9j.jpgE-0ZBxIXoAAb-CW.jpg

Team Wifu looks good

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
See the game looks nice and decently fun, but the GotchaWifu drops do nothing for me since they aren’t characters I know. How do I know if Wifu A is better than Wifu B? And is there any getting to know any of the others outside of the mandatory story drops?

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
There are all kinds of things that give you a since of the characters even outside of stories some are fun or heartwarming..
and the side quest help as well

Its real easy to get a since of them thought out the world

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Ok can we talk about how fun the Inazuma Islands are for a second? Most of them have there own gimmick and secrets The main islands has the cleansing ceremony and Cavernous underwater dungeon. the second has the broken fernis the third has you clearing up the weather each one the islands had an effect on the environment after completing them the two newest one also are tight little balls of mystery the more you play with each puzzle the more the mystery unravels that Im just now working on its like Mihoyo said lets have Zelda dungeons but the entire island chain are the dungeons

Its really what I wanted Zelda but with cute wifus

mx-01 archon

Citizen
See the game looks nice and decently fun, but the GotchaWifu drops do nothing for me since they aren’t characters I know. How do I know if Wifu A is better than Wifu B? And is there any getting to know any of the others outside of the mandatory story drops?

You just have to let the story take you for a ride. It does a pretty good job of making everybody distinct and charming, and if you're all caught up in the plot, then you should have a bit of a head's up as to who potential new playable characters could be.

If you're not following the story, then you can check out the promo vids that Mihoyo releases leading up the character release to at least get a feel for the character's personality and what they could bring to a team.

Up until this current cross-over release of Aloy (and that's probably something to do with how Sony seems to be maintaining Genshin as an exclusive to their console for the time being), Genshin seems to be a gatcha game more concerned with maintaining its own continuity and lore, rather than relying on constant crossovers for hype and revenue. Given the way the game's been making money like there's no tomorrow, their strategy of building up their own characters in a more well-rounded way has been seriously paying off so far.

Last edited:

The Doctor Who

Citizen
It doesn't hurt that it's one of the more generous gatchas out there. Like, I don't think I've ever had it try to push transactions on me and it's just constantly handing out the currency needed for pulls.

Plus the monthly bonus thing is, like, $5. It gets you 90 primogen at daily login (requires 160 for a pull) for 30 days. It's also an at-will purchase not a subscription, no pressure to keep spending.

That said, the level up grind is very real. It takes numerous resources to level up characters, their talents, weapons, artifacts, etc. You will find that, the more characters you have, the much harder it is to maintain all of them.

Now they make it relatively easy to get material to do all this (mostly through short dungeon battles, enemy drops, or boss fights), but not everything is available every day and you'll need to be sure you know what you need for who and where and when to get it so you don't wind up flailing around pointlessly.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
That said, the level up grind is very real. It takes numerous resources to level up characters, their talents, weapons, artifacts, etc. You will find that, the more characters you have, the much harder it is to maintain all of them.

Now they make it relatively easy to get material to do all this (mostly through short dungeon battles, enemy drops, or boss fights), but not everything is available every day and you'll need to be sure you know what you need for who and where and when to get it so you don't wind up flailing around pointlessly.

Yeah, the game takes a little bit of discipline early on to not stretch yourself too thin. It's generally recommended that you identify 1-2 characters to serve as your "main DPS", and focus all your resources on them, with primary attention going to their weapons (preferably, whichever characters match to your strongest 4* weapons), followed closely by artifacts (substats don't matter early game, just max out their levels for the primary stat boosts), and then Talent levels (don't farm Talent materials, just use whatever the game hands you). Once you hit AR45+, when the top level rewards start becoming available, that's when you can start farming for your characters in earnest, and eventually the resource curve will flatten enough that you can start going wide with your character builds.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Haven't played the game, but just curious...
*tec's chart* Just b/c this is tec, I'm guessing the "will never use" category is all guys? Is this the full roster of PCs right now? Sure could use more variety in appearance.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Lol yeah the guys are all on the bottom and yes its the full roster as of right now
Also updated my chart yellow dot are characters I own
tlgy5ydgb.JPG

The Doctor Who

Citizen
Haven't played the game, but just curious...
*tec's chart* Just b/c this is tec, I'm guessing the "will never use" category is all guys? Is this the full roster of PCs right now? Sure could use more variety in appearance.
Here's a full list from the Wiki. You can see their full appearance from there. They're actually more varied than their headshots would suggest, but they do all fall into the pretty boy/girl category, for sure.

But you'd never confuse, say Bennett for Diluc. Or Ningguang for Fischl. The headshots don't get across the difference in height, which helps a lot to distinguish characters.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
On top of that, the hand-drawn artwork creates even further variance, but for workflow reasons, the in-game player character models are currently limited to five main archetypes: adult male, adult female, teen/short male, teen/short female, and child. You'll see lots of shared animations for characters with the same body type, if it's not particularly important to their skillset.

There is significantly more variance in character models, when you include NPCs and enemies, but for the time being, the playable characters all conform to idealized Asian beauty standards, because that's what make the big bucks.

Top Bottom