Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, we haven't really gotten live-action movie based molds in Selects, so there might be something to that question. Also "Generations" there is likely in reference to WFC and the like (Prime Wars stuff like Ricochet/Swoop, and the molds for Takara's combiners etc). Don't think we need to split hairs about what else "Generations" happens to be slapped onto.

I assume that Studio Series 86 doesn't have that limitation, and feel it shouldn't.

The Phazer

Citizen
Well, we haven't really gotten live-action movie based molds in Selects, so there might be something to that question. Also "Generations" there is likely in reference to WFC and the like (Prime Wars stuff like Ricochet/Swoop, and the molds for Takara's combiners etc). Don't think we need to split hairs about what else "Generations" happens to be slapped onto.

I assume that Studio Series 86 doesn't have that limitation, and feel it shouldn't.

Yeah, there's likely a royalty to Paramount for the SS toys, so Hasbro won't repaint them in non-movie lines if they don't have to, and you'd assume that it doesn't apply to SS '86.

I did wonder if the SS'86 toys had a slightly different cost base which might have caused problems, but there is supposedly a retool of Hot Rod into Override coming in the Target Velocitron line, so probably not.

It is depressingly likely that Stepper will end up in a Target four pack at this point though with no international distribution at all.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not up on my leak info (between internet problems and just plain being swamped here), so this is the first I'm hearing of Override, a Velocitron line (wow!) and Stepper. Looking forward to them in any case.

The Phazer

Citizen
I'm not up on my leak info (between internet problems and just plain being swamped here), so this is the first I'm hearing of Override, a Velocitron line (wow!) and Stepper. Looking forward to them in any case.

Well it was leaked with "people are going to be upset about this" so yeah. It must be said the other rumoured toys from it are not from Velocitron, save for Blurr, though some are a reasonable fit.

I didn't mean to infer that a Stepper toy had been leaked, it hasn't, I just had my cynical hat on about these bloody four packs.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, I've never gotten a Generations Selects toy before, unless some of the convention exclusives count.

I'm really interested in Galvatron, as he's just started showing up at retail up here, but how worried should I be about not getting one?

The Phazer

Citizen
So, I've never gotten a Generations Selects toy before, unless some of the convention exclusives count.

I'm really interested in Galvatron, as he's just started showing up at retail up here, but how worried should I be about not getting one?

BBTS still has pre-orders available, so not that worried, but I probably wouldn't hang around on it.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Not exactly Generations Selects, but the Golden Disk Collection set of Road Ranger and Puffer is available now. Got an e-mail from Pulse just a few minutes ago. It's available there for premium members (have to log in before you can add it to your cart):

Not sure if it's new or if it's been up for a while, but there's also an Amazon pre-order for it:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
$23 is a few bucks shorter than I was expecting a Deluxe and Battlemaster to be priced. Actually, the truck twins were also a bit cheaper than expected. I wonder if the pattern will hold for the next two?

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Not in terms of the leaks, but...

The Golden Disk is a powerful artifact with the ability to reveal knowledge of the past, the future, and of the infinite possible destinies throughout time. Discover an alternate timeline in which the quantum surge that mutated many Maximals and Predacons into Transmetals, goes very differently…

It's certainly interesting that they tied the story for this collection into that quantum surge, and even went so far as to specifically mention Transmetals. Hint of stuff to come maybe? I hope so anyway.

Top Bottom