Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
I know this is about voyager sized, but I feel not mentioning Jet Mode Shatter is doing her dirty.

maxresdefault.jpg

She is amazingly sleek, and next to no kibble in jet mode.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Been carrying around eject to play with while out and about, and have started to wonder if he can be produced separately from Blaster

Would love a version of this mold in opaque plastic, and would prefer to get another selects cassette box instead of having to wait for more Blaster repaints
(That said I'll probably still buy the eventual Twincast to get Flip Sides or whoever they decide to give him)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really hope so. This mold in opaque plastic is a must, and that does open the door for the redecos.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
We haven't had a lot of good jets at any size.

I think part of the problem, tends to be that they are restricted to how the character looks, one of the best deluxe figures I can think of, is 2010 Hunt the Decepticons: Terradive, it cleans up very well in both modes with no kibble hanging off the body aside from the part that can hold his weapon in jetmode

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - it's tough when they have that limitation (without a MP budget). Some of the best jetformers are those that didn't need to adhere to any specific requirements - Terradive, Movie Thrust and Ramjet, figures like that... but they're also not Voyagers I guess.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think possibily the last really good voyager jet would be Classics Jetfire, then again, I think there possibily TFP voyager Starscream, thou I never handled that mold as I picked the FE deluxe over the voyager, of course, there is TFP Go Jet from the Samuari team, but those are dating back over ten years now

Echowarrior

Citizen
Man, Classics Jetfire looks great in alt-mode, and standing perfectly still in a neutral pose, but don't try to do anything with it since the articulation is such a letdown. Even for that time.

Oh, I think I forgot about RtS Lugnut. That made a great aircraft and a decent robot, back when I had it!
RtS Lugnut had a really impressive wingspan. Just saying.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
God we need a new Lugnut. That RTS one was absolutely beautiful, but I need to see him in Legacy.

I really love the Gen Selects Cyclonus. I just need the kingdom joint tolerances on that color scheme. He's just gorgeous.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I took the Gen Selects Cyclonus plunge, and I think I'm going to need about a gallon of floor polish to tighten his joints. It's really a shame because he looks so good in that toy deco.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I think the only loose joints on mine were the shoulder rotation joints. Everything else was nice and solid.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At long last, the entire saga of the Generations Selects manga has been fully lettered in English!

Translated by Star Spangled Sam and lettered by Fanofcoolstuff27 and MrRald (all members of TFWiki), the full saga of this series actually begins with the comics and toy bios of the e-HOBBY-exclusive Legends Convobat and Magna Convoy toys, as well as those of the Legends Blue Big Convoy toy.

From these three toys, a whole new world was built and developed within the pages of the Generations Selects manga series. The series story starts off very cryptic and unexplained (downright confusing, even), with things revealed little by little over time, making the whole series better to read in full in order to fully understand it.

This series tells the story of the legendary Primus Vanguard, a group of mighty warriors divided into seven orders, who serve under the one and only Primus himself. This is the Japanese Generation 1 version of Primus, and it is his backstory that is divulged here, showing just how he fits into the larger scheme of the Japanese Generation 1 cartoon universe.

oV2Ljo7.jpg

The series also picks up on a plot point that was left open ended at the end of the Legends manga. Namely, humanity's discovery of Angolmois Energy hidden deep within the Earth, which led to a new industrial revolution of clean energy in the year 2050.

It also contains a heavy dose of time-travel from all across the Japanese Generation 1 cartoon timeline, stemming from the year 2011 (between Season 3 of the G1 cartoon and The Headmasters cartoon) as well as the year 2020 (the confirmed year of the Super-God Masterforce cartoon), the aforementioned future year of 2050, and the far distant future of the Japanese Beast Era cartoons. All of which come together in the main setting of the storyline: the mysterious "Precursor World".

Below is a list of every piece of media directly connected to this storyline, fully translated and lettered by all of those mentioned above, and placed specifically in order of release since the chronological order is a bit messy: the series ends in a roundabout way that expects readers to have already read the earlier-released stories that are set later.

And unlike most Japanese manga, these comics read in Western-style left-to-right.

Without further ado, let the saga begin.

Transformers Legends: – Spin Off – (2016–2019)

LGEX Convobat toy bios
Convobat prequel comic
Convobat comic

LGEX Magna Convoy toy bios
Magna Convoy prequel comic
Magna Convoy comic

e-HOBBY's Twitter feature: "Profile+" (translated by Saix)

LGEX Blue Big Convoy toy bio
Blue Big Convoy comic

Generations Selects Special Comic (2019–2021)

Star Convoy chapter

King Poseidon chapter 1
King Poseidon chapter 2
King Poseidon chapter 3
King Poseidon chapter 4
King Poseidon chapter 5

Super Megatron chapter 1
Super Megatron chapter 2

God Neptune chapter 1
God Neptune chapter 2

Volcanicus chapter 1
Volcanicus chapter 2