Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - those close-ups just go to show how bad the stickers are. The logo is on top of the slightly larger Decepticon logo tampo on his chest. Meanwhile, the shin stickers aren't even sized to properly fit around his landing gear, and the cockpit roof stickers don't follow the curve of the canopy. How are they still so bad at this after all these years?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Yeah - those close-ups just go to show how bad the stickers are. The logo is on top of the slightly larger Decepticon logo tampo on his chest. Meanwhile, the shin stickers aren't even sized to properly fit around his landing gear, and the cockpit roof stickers don't follow the curve of the canopy. How are they still so bad at this after all these years?
It's bizarre because they did so much better with Selects Galvatron. They put real thought into updating the size and shape of his iconic stickers - all those beep-boop screens and the scarf area segments - so they actually fit onto the new toy's body. Selects Cyclonus has a bunch of rectangles that are the wrong size and shape for his sculpting; only the canopy accent stickers even remotely fit. Between that and the phenomenally gorgeous dark blues and purples, I might just leave the stickers off.
SelectsGalv.jpeg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Like I said, I'll toss in for Toyhax's inevitable superior replacement.

It's bizarre because they did so much better with Selects Galvatron. They put real thought into updating the size and shape of his iconic stickers - all those beep-boop screens and the scarf area segments - so they actually fit onto the new toy's body. Selects Cyclonus has a bunch of rectangles that are the wrong size and shape for his sculpting; only the canopy accent stickers even remotely fit. Between that and the phenomenally gorgeous dark blues and purples, I might just leave the stickers off. View attachment 5853
That was so not my experience with Selects Galvatron. They were flimsy, didn't stick right whenever they were laid over any sort of moulded detail, and even the ones that laid flat started peeling like a day later.

Hasbro just can't do stickers.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Well, with Galvatron, I didn't even worry about the stickers. As I remarked in the past, my original, vintage, Galvatron never had most of his stickers applied to begin with (I actually found the sticker sheet years later) because, as a kid, i thought he looked better without them.

I'm really waiting to see how Cyclonus looks without stickers on before committing to an order.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do wonder what went wrong with those leg stickers. Even if nobody at Hasbro has a Cyclonus, can't they open the CAD and get the exact measurements needed to fit around the landing gear?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Check out the Instagram link Powered Convoy posted above, it's got the naked Cyclonus photos you wanted.
So there is...

I guess it's a testament to how well we're being treated and just how well Cyclonus turned out that both come across as fantastic. I'm just at a loss as to whether to sell my existing Kingdom Cyclonus (and all his show accurate glory) to get this new one (with that GORGEOUS purple which gels well with Selects Galvatron) or....get both?

Hasbro, why do you tempt me!?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So there is...

I guess it's a testament to how well we're being treated and just how well Cyclonus turned out that both come across as fantastic. I'm just at a loss as to whether to sell my existing Kingdom Cyclonus (and all his show accurate glory) to get this new one (with that GORGEOUS purple which gels well with Selects Galvatron) or....get both?

Why, because they want to put their hand in your pocket and remove any money you have there!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
So there is...

I felt the same way. I thought I was strong and could resist Hasbro's temptations. Alas, I only lasted an hour.

Top Bottom