Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm glad he looks so different from Scorponok. He really will feel like a unique character.

Nevermore

Citizen
New stock photos of Black Zarak, including the Legacy-branded packaging:
Selects_Black_Zarak_packaging.jpgSelects_Black_Zarak_robot.jpgSelects_Black_Zarak_alternate.jpgSelects_Black_Zarak_base.jpg

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I really hope I'm not one of the early ones on that list. It's frikken December and I need to get presents for others. March was a very nice time for those to drop. December is a horribly shitty time for surprise preorder pop ups. No bueno.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I feel the same, would rather these waited till after the holidays.

Have preorders on Amazon, Jackpot got moved up to this Friday. I'm keeping it for now cause I really want him but I really should t be buying myself things this time of year. So far the Puffer set and Pipes still list for next year and I honestly hope it stays that way.

-ZacWilliam, Draculus already shipped before I noticed so I'm really pushing the "presents to me" thing as far as I want to.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel Mutant Tigatron for now. No notice on him, but that return window's been moved up to January. Hell I might just wait for a sale, given how Black Friday made me feel foolish for preordering basically everything in the past year.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel Mutant Tigatron for now. No notice on him, but that return window's been moved up to January. Hell I might just wait for a sale, given how Black Friday made me feel foolish for preordering basically everything in the past year.
I know, right?! Prior years, exclusives would have sold out by Black Friday to begin with! Most stores barely carried Commanders in prior years, but either Rodimus sold poorly, or Amazon had a bunch of him

It’s like, I fully expect the dice roll on the mainline stuff, but the sheer number of exclusive items that not only lasted, but were marked down this year was almost insulting.

But in a related note….
Selects Galvatron came last week, and he’s just wonderful. I was concerned his “crown” would either be a sticker or a shiny deco…but it wasn’t and it adds a nice pop to his head. Galvatron was among the few “pre-Master era” Transformers I had, and I’m SO glad Hasbro did something in line with his toy deco.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And my Puffer / Road Ranger set just showed up 3 months early. I hadn't even seen the shipping notice.

Badgertron

Citizen
I just got Selects Galvatron too, and he's fantastic. A really solid feeling figure with great proportions. Have there been any announcements for toy styled replacement heads anywhere? That's the only thing he's really needing.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Won’t lie. Ever since the Inferno mold was shown and then eventually Artfire being announced, I couldn’t wait. I’ve always enjoyed the color pattern on this dude since I first learned about his impossible to afford G1 version. Missed out on the mail away version of him too and couldn’t really justify money for it on eBay. I couldn’t be more excited to get this guy. Unless I can find Blaster, he will be the final purchase of the year.
15D29B6C-E967-4295-A2B8-7279B205852F.jpeg

Badgertron

Citizen
There's one with three possible face versions in the DNA upgrade kit, but for the regular Kingdom colors.

Also this creator posted his models on Cults3d for paid download and printing; one example is here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/comic-galvatron-one (there are other versions) I really dig his work and am scouting around for a good 3D printing service hereabouts to get mine.
Weird, I can't open that link (DNS error). Sadly the dna upgrade kits is just for a normal looking galvy head.

Glitch

Citizen
To apply stickers to Generations Selects Galvatron or not to apply stickers to Generations Selects Galvatron. That is a quizzie.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Weird, I can't open that link (DNS error). Sadly the dna upgrade kits is just for a normal looking galvy head.
Hm. Even the first one (embedded in "this creator"?) Look for CJI on Cults3D, or The Madness on TFW.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
To apply stickers to Generations Selects Galvatron or not to apply stickers to Generations Selects Galvatron. That is a quizzie.

I had to apply them, thou I kind of wished they just painted some parts of him before hand, I'm not big on stickers, mainly the smaller ones where you got to put them on places where its hard to do, thus I not bothered with his belly stickers because I know that is just silly, thou I am considering looking into getting some chrome paint just to do up the top of his head, I can't see why they didn't do that instead of giving us stickers

Top Bottom