Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Echowarrior

Citizen
Hmm...okay, tentative thoughts.

Magnificus? I'm glad the toy is coming, but I'm happy to skip him.

Omega Sentinel? I can justify snapping him up easily.

Windsweeper? Cool. Easily snapped up.

Antagony? No objection to her either.

The unknown G1 Headmaster? If it's a repaint of Topspin, yes, definitely, especially if the colors are complimentary to Twin Twist. If it's someone else? I can probably justify it.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I'm unsure how many Selects I've bought in the past. I wonder if Hasbro can tempt me with any new ones while I'm somewhat budgeted...

I briefly considered Magnificus because I have other Diaclone characters who are new head retools (Exhaust and Road Rage). But I just wasn't feeling it with Magnificus. His scheme was kind of boring to me. And unlike Road Rage, he isn't a female character. ;) And then I'd only want to get a JRC Design back cover for him like my Perceptor has anyway (and unfortunately it looks like JRC Design might be finished).

Goes without saying I'll pass on Omega Sentinel. I didn't get Black Zarak either. I really don't have enough space or money for retools/redecos of Titans.

I've owned the original Windsweeper figure since being a small child, so I have some nostalgia for the character. I'll pass if there isn't a lot changed on the mold, though.

Inferno in Black and as a female character are also tempting things, but I think I'll be able to pass on Antagony.

I own TR Topspin already, though, so a Wreckers version holds no interest for me. I hope people can get one to go with their Wreckers Twin Twist, though. Especially if they can't get the overly expensive originals for a decent price.

But Steevy Maximus's suggestion for a Horri-Bull? A Horri-Bull from the Twinferno/Grotusque/Repugnus mold would make sense and would likely be a nice retool. And just like with Fangry, I own the original and would be interested in a new one. So THIS one would probably get me and my money. Squeezeplay, too (yeah, I have his original too).

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
The new products announcements/leaks are nice and all, but I doubt that I will get the majority of them. I love the idea of Omega Sentinel, but like CVReynolds mentioned, I also didn't get Black Zarak (mainly due to space concerns), so I don't think I will bite on him. Of course I'm saying that now, but I might be swayed once a bunch of clear, detailed pics come along.

The Phazer

Citizen
I like the idea of all of these I think, but every selects toy for more than a year has gone on at least 50% discount at this point (including Zarak) so it will be a hard sell to get me to pay full price for them.

Shadewing

Citizen
I have never bought a titan at full price, doubt that will change here; but I very much am eager to see what they do with him.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think Grand Mal Megatron would be about the only thing that would make me drop full price on a Titan without question.

Glitch

Citizen
Grand Mal (aka Vigilem) with core Obsidian?

I wanted Magnificus done years ago from that Titans Return toy only Convex be Scalpel with a a robot to head mode instead of spider to microscope just as a nod to the characters Animated self.
I think at some point we could have Skyquake done in Selects as G2 Dreadwing with Smokescreen renamed Dreadwind, made from Needlenose, or they'll just do the latter and add some rocket launcher to compliment a regular line Prime Dreadwing.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pics of Guardian Robot are up on TFW.

Generations-Selects-Titan-Guardian-Lunar-04.jpg

Looks great, but I probably won't get it unless it's a clearance sort of situation. Love my Omega Supreme, but its a lot of money and space for non-character repaint of a figure I already have.

Now, make a deluxe-sized Weaponizer Omega, and I would buy a copy in each Supreme / Guardian / Spreem flavor.

Last edited:

The Phazer

Citizen
I like how it looks but the Titan class is not worth it's current RRP and it will come down in price significantly.

The Phazer

Citizen
How much are they going for now?

Isn't the US price $199 now? The UK one is £200 - 220, but every Titan in recent memory has gone down to half price or less a few months later, including the Selects ones.

One has to imagine that the current pricing is made on the assumption of heavy discounting.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, $199 is the SRP right now.

I am already hurting for space. That was the whole reason I passed on Cybertron Metroplex. The Sentinels have always had a warm place in my heart from when I was a kid and watched G1. It is going to be really tough for me to pass on this one.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I love how this looks! It isn't a must-buy for me, but I like that it's a thing. As others have stated, I've got space constraints, so getting this just wouldn't be feasible. I would have to edge out a far more prominent, noticeably-absent character to accommodate this, and I can't justify doing that. Glad it exists (or will exist) though!

Top Bottom