Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Kup

Citizen
…but they all fall under the category of "toys we want to see released but aren't considered a good fit for the main retail lines"…
Now for clarity sake, I assume this description means we can talk about Waves 2&3 of the main toy line as well, since, you know, those too also barely make it to retail as well? 😂

(Just in a sarcastic mood today, feel free to ignore me.)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, in all fairness, there's a lot of similarity between Selects, Buzzworthy, Speedia 500, and whatever Amazon does next. Sure, they are all separate lines with varying levels of exclusivity, but they all fall under the category of "toys we want to see released but aren't considered a good fit for the main retail lines". Any discussion of one line kind of necessarily has to account for the others.
OOOH! Can we come up with a new term like "CHUG"?

Lemme see... how about "SABS" (Selects, Amazon, Buzzworthy, Speedia)?

WAIT, NO!

BASS!!!

1673604795547.png

Oh... okay, then.

"SABS"? We good with "SABS"?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
At least now I don't feel so bad about initially mispronouncing the abbreviation of Power of the Primes as "Poo TP", rather than " Pot Pie".

Next up: releases at Box stores, Amazon exclusives, Retail, Fan channels, and Selects.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
What’s on deck for this line? I feel like between Legacy, the new animated show and the movie not a lot is happening here.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am expecting a slew of new offerings with the latest set of reveals of the Evolutions line. There's potential for a couple of different repaints of Needlenose and Skyquake for sure. Maybe we'll see something off the wall from some of the deluxe molds as well.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally got around to being able to watch the video of the live stream last night. One bit I noticed when they were talking about Crashbar was that there were a few sly hints/mentions of upcoming recolors of the new Junkions to throw into the mix-and-match vehicles/robots. What popped into my mind was the possibility of Shattered Glass Junkions in the Insecticon color scheme.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We're still waiting to hear about the Fractyl, Packrat, and Antagony that were in a batch of leaks some time ago.

Also the Guardian Robot redeco of Omega Supreme.

A Diaclone-colored Topspin was also in this batch of leaks. It was assumed that it would be part of the Amazon Wreckers set with Twin Twist, but that didn't happen.

Of course, we don't know if any of these will be Selects or some other kind of exclusive, be it Buzzworthy Bumblebee or whatever.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Because I saw this front-paged at TFW...
Entertainment Earth has a "Drop Zone" page which details when companies are planning to offer toys for preorder. JtPrime didn't find any sort of "secret listing".

Speculation is the February 28th drop will be the Titan Guardian robot given the hint.

Glitch

Citizen
Omega Sentinel - Decepticon Guardian robot from Keepers Trilogy
Dark Guardian/Guardian Robot - Has a flip out Autobot to Quintesson insignia
Dark Ark/Weak anthropic Principle with Deceptitraan
Lugnut Supreme with Lugnut Minor.
Zazorigun/Brave Scorponok.

Could be anything.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It will be Grandstand Convertors Omegatron:
IMG_20170920_143751b-768x576.jpg

Actually, I remember them sneaking in a preview of blue-and-grey Guardian Robot in the background of one of their livestreams some time ago. Don't remember which one.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
JtPrime has posted more final details on upcoming Generations Selects:
Obviously, Magnificus and Omega Sentinel are out or about to be. For the remaining 3 Selects-
Triggercon Windsweeper- Guaranteed to be a retool of Needlenose. I’m tempted just for the late G1 representation.
Predacon Antagony- Retool of Inferno. I already have the little pyromaniac, but characters like her are rare and I feel compelled to support deep cuts, which might as well be as close as we get to something “new”.
Deluxe G1 Headmaster- Not clear who it will be. Safe bet is Topspin to compliment the Wreckers Twin Twist. Though, given how extreme retooling has become, I could also seen Horri-bull and Nightbeat viable through existing tooling.

Top Bottom