Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm so over toon. I would be a lot more excited for a toy colors set. But for what it is, these look great. I would take this Sunstreaker's matching yellow over a clear windshield any day.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The preorder is already sold out?!?
EDIT: never mind, BBTS still has it for the same price.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Preordered. I actually prefer clear windows, but I needed that sweet sweet Jeep Hound, and I never managed to get a Sunstreaker the first go round. I have several Jazzes and several characters from this mold, but not the overlap in the Venn diagram, so 3 out of 5 are "new" to me. Trailbreaker I'll probably sell off? Wheeljack I'm undecided on. I like the bright white, but I'll probably stick with the clear-window version I already have. One of the two Wheeljacks will probably go, though.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I'm quite torn at the moment... Hound looks better in person than the initial renders showed. Wheeljack and Jazz would badly be in need of ToyHax labels. Trailbreaker is neither worse nor better than ER, and Sunstreaker somehow seems better...yet worse...?

I think at any kind of discount, it would be a no brainer, but the $160 Canadian is just right on that line...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This is how they're releasing Hound after his individual release was canceled.

Yeah, well, I expect down the road they will release him seperately or have a brand new mold, as it stands, I just don't need to get the other figures and the pack isn't worth the cost for one figure of desire, so for now, Siege Hound will be my default Hound

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish they gave up on this Hound and just started over. It's just not great.

I love how the G1 toy handled the seats in robot mode. It's a neat solution that was ahead of its time. It's a lot cleaner than how most Alternators handled the seats. The Universe toy came up with a totally different solution, and it's also interesting and effective. Even the Universe Legends (old Legends scale) had seats and handled them neatly. This Hound doesn't really have seats. That's a sad step backwards.

I hate the legs in general. It's not just my preference for toy vs toon. Even if they're going for toon, the feet should be bigger than this, and should include the wheels. I don't know why Siege put them so high on the legs. I'm being nitpicky with this, but It actually matters. Hound's torso is huge. Huge feet balance that out and make the proportions work.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
HM-58++Classic+Horror+Movie+Poster+-+It+Came+From+Outer+Space.jpg

Top Bottom