Customs Generations alt mode details painted.

Blazezard

Cobalt corsair
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love the Generations figures but they sometimes have unpainted car details, like today's subjet: Earhtrise Trailbreaker.
1676903527131.jpeg

The car details are great, but it could use some more colours to break up the monotony of one colour.
1676903593467.jpeg

I start by painting the details I intent to paint in white, simply because colours, specially darker colours will reflect based on the colour behind it, so it's better to paint them white and then paint it the colour one wants so it looks brighter.
1676903681455.jpeg
1676903689187.jpeg

And here's the end result, now it looks so much more realistic and cleaner looking over all, I haven't applied topcoat yet but I do have it contemplated, it's just that I have had some problems in the past applying it and I need to get more practice before applying it to the smaller surfaces like this one.
1676903784622.jpeg

He also gets some sick AllSpark blue shoulders, not exactly animation-accurate, but definitely FUN-accurate!

Blazezard

Cobalt corsair
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also totally toflex, but.
Trailbreaker comparativa.png

Forgot to mention it, since I couldn't colour-match it to the blue on the windshield, instead I matched him to the 2008 encore blue to the best of my abilities.
1676904765544.png

Top Bottom