Generation 5

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It was cringingly heavy handed in a lot of places...like, it had the subtlety of a howitzer in a forrest of a single pin drop. But it was entertaining enough to make me curious how they continue from here. Izzy is cemented as my favorite for this generation. There were two things I absolutely was not expectin.

Zipp Storm is female?? Am I the only one who got that totally wrong?

So is Sunny permanently an alicorn now or will it become one of those "only when she needs it" things?

Shadewing

Citizen
Honestly, me and my roommate loved it. Much better then the G4 movie. And yes, Izzy is best pony so far, though Pitch's animal magnetism makes him a second for me.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm not going to have a good opportunity to watch the movie for a few days yet, unfortunately. Work's screwing me over. Again. Looking forward to it, though!

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Honestly, me and my roommate loved it. Much better then the G4 movie. And yes, Izzy is best pony so far, though Pitch's animal magnetism makes him a second for me.
Actually, it's Hitch, not Pitch.

I loved it. Izzy is my favorite as I knew she probably would be, but I really like Sunny and Pipp as well. Hitch and Zipp are fun too. I don't really dislike or am indifferent to any of them like I was in G4.

Really liked the music. So much I just bought and am listening to the soundtrack right now.

Really hoping we get that show and it goes into just what happened to separate them in the first place.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'm in the "It's Earth-1/Earth-2" camp based on all the differences. And I totally wanna see someone better than me do a version of the Flash of Two Worlds cover, but with Zipp and Dash.

1632626564965.png

(Also, yay, new board software supports just pasting images in!)

---Dave

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Some Spoilers for the actual G5 show, sorta.

It sounds like we're getting 4 44 minute episodes and 23 22 minute episodes of the next show! I'm actually fairly pleased that this is going to be a 22-minute show instead of a 11-minute show. And we're getting a good number of two-parters, it seems. This is probably 2 "seasons" worth of show, but still, a good amount to order all at once.

Also, these guys are the people behind the Lego Star Wars specials, and the Spidey and His Amazing Friends show. So, that should give us some idea of the quality of the 3D we'll get from the new show, I guess. Solid enough, in my mind.

Also, there's a animatic floating around Equestria Daily. It's just 2 seconds long, but...somepony's legacy has continued to the present day.

www.equestriadaily.com/2021/10/small-animated-storyboard-from-g5-2022.html

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I expect a lot more than that, but it is a decent initial order. Especially since we already got a movie.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
A7F7E84D-B3A1-4DFD-9CDE-103E1653BAE6.jpeg

Here's my Walmart haul for today. I just wanted to get Izzy, but then I realized if I got Zipp I'd have 4/5 of the cast in bigger-than-basic forms.

390197FF-44D0-4182-B15A-F78111618379.jpeg

My whole G5 collection so far. Why is there no Hitch toy? Am I just missing it or have they really not made a toy of him yet? WTH, Hasbro?

D8C15EC0-F432-419C-8862-E40A1A42D03E.jpeg

Sorry/not sorry. 😁

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Some cute little concept art stuff.

First off, it looks like Sprout's Mech was, at one point, going to be based off his mom.

And, in sadder news, it looks like some of those animatics and storyboards for the G5 show were probably fake. So...no Stallion-Do-Well or lasertag ponies, probably.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's what makes him so interesting. He's not just a lame villain. He's a layered onion of complexes. He's deeply broken in very specific ways that can't be fixed with a rainbow to the face or by Twilight Sparkle giving a speech. He needs a therapist to work out his issues.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
A little bit of news.

According to a Italian site the first mini-movie/special should come out in May, with the first series following in September, then another mini-movie/special in December. Take it with a grain of salt, but...probably about 7 more months until more G5.

Also, Hasbro's celebrating the fact that the G5 movie was the #1 movie in some countries and was a big hit on TikTok. So, yeah, I guess it did pretty well.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
More news from Equestria Daily!

Apparently we're getting some 2D Youtube shorts in spring for G5:

Also, there was a deleted scene with Izzy *ahem* "collecting" Sunny's altered propaganda posters.
38-64226b688a.jpg

And Equestria Daily has been naming background ponies from the movies. Here's a list of all of them (Beet Drop, the farmer by day and raver by night, is a great name):

Last edited:

Top Bottom