Generation 5

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It has the potential to be really popular, but as popular as FiM? FiM became more than a kids show. It became a cultural phenomenon. It's not an exaggeration to say it became a movement. It's the poster child for it being okay for guys watching shows made for girls.

G5 can be popular. It can be MASSIVELY popular. But to hold it up to the standard of a show that changed the attitudes of an entire culture...no.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing it does have on its side is that Netflix has a much better reach than Hub or Discovery Family did.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm really looking forward to this, if only because the designs for Sunny and Izzy are absolutely adorable.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
A handful of folks had an early access premier of the movie today. Now there's a cam recording of the entire movie floating around out in the wild, and parts of scenes splattered all over YouTube.

Beware of spoilers.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Why would someone camrip a movie that's going direct to streaming? Theaters are annoying and expensive but we already don't need to bother with that to see this movie.

Caldwin

Citizen
Man, so close to release and people start posting spoilers. That's like walking out of the theater yelling "Han dies." Assholes!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Ah, it does my heart good to know some traditions transcend generations. No episode of pony can air in the US without spoilers.

Caldwin

Citizen
Not having seen the movie yet, I'd have to say so far she's my favorite. I'm getting serious Fizzy/Minty vibes from her.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I found it to be pretty good. It does have some minimal ties to G4 at the beginning and some iconography, but largely stands on its own to create a different Equestria than we’ve seen before. I’m more curious to see it continued as I feel this was a great start to the Generation for the show.

Top Bottom