Games you've beaten in 2021.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
No Switch? You mean...no Zelda? No Metroid? No Mario? You poor deprived soul! 😭

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I just recently played (and finished) Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion for the first time with a GBA emulator. I loved them both. Also played and finished AM2R.

Do they count?

Caldwin

Citizen
Not wanting to get into a whole emulation/piracy...thing...I'm just going to say 'no' and move on.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I just hope the success of Dread means that Nintendo will put the Metroid back into "metroidvania." I liked Metroid Prime back in the day well enough, but Zero Mission and Fusion proved to me that 2D is still as enjoyable as ever. That should be the primary format for the series, IMO.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
3D Primes had their good points, but I've always much preferred the 2D metroidvania ones too.

Caldwin

Citizen
Do you own any Metroid merch?
kF5Fnit.jpg

My small collection of what I could manage to get of the Metroid series. It's not much. I wish I could some day get somewhere even close to owning all the games. But for now this is what I could scrounge together. Left to right, top to bottom

Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid II Return of Samus, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Metroid Prime Corruption, Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Other M, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Samus Returns, Soundtrack that came with Samus Returns, Metroid Dread, Samus Aran toy
Super Metroid Players Guide, Metroid Prime Players Guide, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Players Guide, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Players Guide.
Metroid Prime Hunters Players Guide, Metroid Other M Players Guide, Metroid Samus Returns Players Guide.

Just one toy so far. I'm getting a Metroid (as in the creature not just the game) toy coming from Ebay sometime this week. I also have some comics that feature Samus (mostly Captain N).

Top Bottom