"Gamers say the darnedest things!"

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Video games are weird. Even the comparatively-normal ones involve doing things that are well outside the realm of ordinary human behavior. Consequently, you might catch yourself, or a streamer/Let's Player saying something that makes perfect sense in context but would sound utterly insane to someone just walking into the room.

I have made a thread to post your personal favorites. Feel free to include the context (as best you can) in a spoiler tag, for those who are curious

"Let's use our friend who just died." - Dan Jones, playing Demon's Souls, about to use the "Storied Soldier's Soul" item left behind by the now-double-dead Crestfallen Warrior

"When you're walking around in an ankle-deep pool of throat singing, expect to get vored." - Woolie, playing Mortal Shell, describing pretty much exactly what happens in the game's training arenas

"I am the most interesting man in this world. We need like fifty of me." - GaLm, playing Sniper Elite 4, but really describing the premise of most single-player games really when you think about it

"But you can't AoE the bleb, right?" - a comment on gameplay of Hylics 2, a game so aggressively weird that this is almost cheating; the fact that its temporary protective spell is called "poromer bleb" (a phrase that actually makes perfect sense if you know the meanings of both words) is one of the least weird things about it

"The explosion never finished" - someone describing a moment in Minecraft when they packed an area with so much TNT that when it went off, the game slowed to a crawl before finally just freezing; it's practically a rite of passage in that game

"To be fair, he's met his parents' skeletons." - a reply to another comment on a Monkey Island 2 LP asking how Guybrush Threepwood just assumed the two skeletons he encountered near the end of the game were his parents; to make a long story short, yes the comment is describing a real thing that happened earlier

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"I had one of those. But then I turned it into a nose." - Vinesauce Vinny, playing Bugsnax, a game where "you are what you eat" is meant quite literally

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Breakfast, leave us alone." - Bugsnax again, this time a simple explanation: the food is alive. And sometimes hostile.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"You can't be a bowling ball and have the power of Christ at the same time." - Woolie playing Pizza Tower; there are NPCs that can temporarily turn you into a ball to knock away bowling-pin shaped rats, and NPCs that give you a temporary crucifix to kill ghost enemies.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
"If you hadn't noticed, things are getting progressively spookier, and no amount of shotguns is making it any better." - Civvie11 on DUSK episode 2, which is spookier than the first episode.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Matt is going on a journey somewhere with his hamburger." - a Golf with Your Friends session in which everyone is playing the "hockey" mode; Matt, who was using the hamburger...avatar?...for his puck, had been kicked out of bounds just as the host finished and started spectating the others

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"wow this game comes with a free parasocial relationship" - comment on what was also referred to as a "simping minigame" in Kid Icarus: Uprising where you offer your money to the goddess Palutena and get nothing in return, no really

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I always forget this thread exists, so when it hits the main forum page, I always end up going "Oh god, not another gamer gate".

But this is the gamer quote thread, so I should probably put in a quote.

"It's combat lego!"
-My friend dave describing terratech worlds.

Top Bottom