*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
2999777.png

Yes, another G5 game.

Trailer:

Gameplay preview:

It's just Gameloft, but it does look significantly higher effort than their G4 game. It looks like the map is once again just an elaborate level select screen for a bunch of shovelware minigames, but it does have cutscenes and the models look good.

If nothing else, it's higher res than the last... dozen games or however many it's been since A Maretime Bay Adventure. The draw distance looks brutal, so maybe the map is rightfully huge. A Maretime Bay Adventure's maps are just separate little chunks that unfortunately do not line up if you wanted to try stitching them together. Maybe this one is a giant map that's buried in fog to compensate.

Will this one finally give the SFM gang the definitive Maretime Bay map we've all been waiting for?

Dvandom

Citizen
And how much will you have to spend in microtransactions to clear away the vines (rather than fog) that will cover up parts of the map?

---Dave

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All the monies.

It doesn't matter. I'm sure the gameplay will be as lame as ever. I'm just here for the assets. It looks like the ponies are actually not the A Maretime Bay Adventure models, or those models were substantially reworked. Every detail is a little bit different. The new eyebrows are a little simpler, but the fetlocks are more detailed. Little things here and there. I might like the new ones better overall, but we'll have to see if the skeletons are as good. The AMBA skeletons are almost excessive.

The new Maretime Bay definitely looks better. Open or not, it is bigger, and the tram is present.

Top Bottom