G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

Dake

Citizen
Those remain pretty cool and I'd be all in, but they're just too expensive. I could probably grudgingly accept forty bucks a figure - but not 55.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Got Zartan in, and quite weird...his head appears to only change color on the exposed 'skin' part, not inside the flesh colored area of the socket. So clearly a coating of SOME kind? I don't have any other Classified, I got this one special to become my 'universal extra':
51656854067_0f95e6f1ff_o.jpg

electricidad

Citizen
Got Zartan in, and quite weird...his head appears to only change color on the exposed 'skin' part, not inside the flesh colored area of the socket. So clearly a coating of SOME kind? I don't have any other Classified, I got this one special to become my 'universal extra':
NO PERSONAL CHECKS!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I assume since Zartan is traditionally portrayed as evil, Personal Checks are ok.

And I got Palpatine too! Related to that, just did the weirdest trade ever, some blank VHS tapes for a Darth Plagueis figure! My favorite Star Wars novel, now when he comes in I will put him behind the throne...

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Are you sure? I think it might have to do more with what's exposed to the cold. Mine was outside today and he looked totally blue after being outside for hours. But putting him in the freezer for a bit and the insides of things and some of the joints hadn't fully changed. I'm pretty convinced he's color changing plastic.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I just took the normal head off and put it in a glass of icewater, and saw the inside of the neck socket didn't change. But I may have not had it in the water long enough. Every bit of exposed skin turns blue, no problem. Also, if you take off his hood and put him in cold, he looks like a cross between Dr. Manhattan and the Comedian.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New stuff is still coming out!

I saw Akiko and picked up Movie Scarlett at Walmart this evening. So that assortment is definitely hitting (if it hasn't already and those two were getting snapped up quickly)

electricidad

Citizen
Alley Vipers and BATs are available for pre-order. I snapped up 2 Alleys and a BAT from Nerdzoic. Dorkside Toys and Big Bad Toy Store also have listings for 'em.

Haven't seen listings at any of the big box stores, but I'm also not excited about ordering from a big box store. Target still phantom-charges my card for a Destro pre-order from February 2020, that I cancelled just a few months later.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, saw those listing go up this morning and jumped on them from Entertainment Earth. Figured what the hell and tossed a preorder for Croc Master into the order as well.
Humorously, Pulse sent me the shipping notification for Alpha Commando SE yesterday…and it arrived today!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I had thought about jumping off the line completely. But I really like the look of the Bat and Alley Viper. And had to grab Classic Storm Shadow and Spirit. But despite having a good nostalgia for Croc Master, I just can't pull the trigger on him yet. Overall he was more of a toy figure than anything story based for me as a kid. We had two of him in the house between me and my brothers, but I'm just not feeling him as a character and his overall look isn't as fun as the Alley Viper or BAT. Maybe if I find a good sale on him later.

But really I do need to trim a line away collecting and Joes there on the precipice with Power Rangers. Joe was my first real toyline of my own as a kid but living the life of a soldier for 4 and a half years and knowing the reality of the life compared to what ARAH brought tampers down my fandom for it somewhat. Recent years between lackluster movies and the smaller push to get the classified line to succeed has me underwhelmed right now. I love the look of the line overall but I'm not sure I'm going to grab more than the occasional character that interests me.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Odd, I got a notice that my Zartan preorder may come in earlier than expected, and would ship shortly.

I got it a month ago, so either this is a Hasbropulse glitch in the announcements or they're sending me an extra I didn't order. If it does come in and charges at retail price, I'm stashing it as despite having no other Classified's of any sort and, in all honesty, very few GI Joe toys at all, this one works so well in many other roles. Which is sort of appropriate for the character.

Edit: Nuts, they just sent a correction. No 'bank error in my favor'.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well Skystriker has funded as of about 12:30 pacific time. It's currently sitting at 10,433. It's possible it could jump in the last few hours to hit at least the Scarlet stretch goal but I'm sure there no way we'll get the Ketchup and Mustard Runway Team.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Just under 2 hours left and first stretch goal has been hit! Total backers are at currently 13,828. can we get another 2,172 to get Ripcord?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well it made it to Ripcord. Last I saw 16,800 was the total at this point. Congrats to any of us who backed it.

Top Bottom