G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I had color-change-in-cold Zartan, the only Classifieds figure I had, I wasn't impressed enough to get any others. I had heard a rumor about a crossovers Thunder Machine, and I will see if that comes with anything interesting. The troubles HISS Megatron and Stalker Bee ran into makes me wonder if we will ever see that one, if it was even real in the first place.

I do like how Super 7's hood could almost be mistaken for hair. Just due to the animation when I was a kid, I always assumed Zartan had a full head of hair, all the figures being bald threw me and honestly still does.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It didn't help that many times to make his disguise fit he'd pull it back and tuck it under, not take the hood OFF, so I never considered he was bald till I actually saw a toy of him.

Edit: Then again, in GI Joe when someone pulled off a disguise they'd usually have their normal uniform on under it, no matter what, so I guess that Zartan doing whatever he did with his headgear didn't mean anything...

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
It didn't help that many times to make his disguise fit he'd pull it back and tuck it under, not take the hood OFF, so I never considered he was bald till I actually saw a toy of him.

Edit: Then again, in GI Joe when someone pulled off a disguise they'd usually have their normal uniform on under it, no matter what, so I guess that Zartan doing whatever he did with his headgear didn't mean anything...

Personal subspace pockets are great. Weapons, trailers, uniforms, you name it . . .

TriBlurr

Citizen
Leaked pic of the Arctic BAT packaging.

Number 69 in the line.
Screenshot_20230508-092712_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230508_144019_Instagram.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, by chance, I came across G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 on the official G.I. Joe YouTube channel earlier, and I'm trying to remember: did it run concurrently with any Transformers series at the time? From what I can tell, it looks like it kinda fell between Cybertron and Animated, yeah?

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
So, by chance, I came across G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 on the official G.I. Joe YouTube channel earlier, and I'm trying to remember: did it run concurrently with any Transformers series at the time? From what I can tell, it looks like it kinda fell between Cybertron and Animated, yeah?
I believe S6 was animated by Gonzo, the same animators for "Cybertron/Galaxy force".

TriBlurr

Citizen
Yo Jo June kicks off with preorders for:

Tiger Force Dusty (Target)
Python Patrol Crimson Guard (Target)
Arctic BAT (Amazon/Fanchannel)
Televiper with Trubble Bubble (Pulse)

The next Haslab will also be shown off on Monday.

Dake

Citizen
Is the televiper a female? The heads in some pics look like it, but not in others.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It has 3 alternate heads to make troop building easier, so maybe one is meant to be female?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
New Haslab is up....

....it's a Classified Dragonfly!

MrBlud

Citizen
Wild Bill seems like a pretty marquee character to permanently lock behind a Haslab.

I wonder if they just mean “normal” Wild Bill and a Tiger Force rendition will hit retail?

Top Bottom