G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Today's livestream was pretty fun. Lotsa interesing reveals and a bunch of stuff went up for preorder. I managed to get everything I wanted locked in so hopefully everyone else does too!

Also it seems there was a stealth reveal. Those snow troopers weren't mentioned at all!

Screenshot_20230308-120335_Chrome.jpg

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Are those exclusives? Part of a new wave? I need Range Viper but dont see it for preorder at BBTS.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
They're from a Walmart computer "leak".
Same one that showed us the Toxitron set.

Seems Night Force will be a Walmart exclusive, additional leaks revealed a Night Force Shooter and Night Force redeco of some sort.
F7736 GIJ CS Wes Eliot Range Viper
F7737 GIJ CS Wes Potter NF Big Ben
F7738 GIJ CS Wes Hugo NF Shooter
F7739 GIJ CS Wes Beaudelaire Alley Viper Redeco
F8378 GIJ CS Wes Flaubert “Zombie Viper”
F8379 GIJ CS Wes Milton Shadow Tracker
F8380 GIJ CS Wes Tennyson New Joe Character
F7740 GIJ CS Wes Chekhov NF Joe redeco

And from Taiwan, there is an auction for Tiger Force Dusty. He's likely the compliment to the already leaked Python Patrol Crimson Guard.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Dammit. Walmart exclusoves blow. I rarely am able to get them.

(Looks at the Earthrise Soundwave, VBug Bumblebee and Cosmos I DONT HAVE)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Same one that showed us the Toxitron set.

Seems Night Force will be a Walmart exclusive, additional leaks revealed a Night Force Shooter and Night Force redeco of some sort.

And from Taiwan, there is an auction for Tiger Force Dusty. He's likely the compliment to the already leaked Python Patrol Crimson Guard.

I really want the Alley Viper redecorate to be V2 but I feel that would need at least a bit (maybe more) remolding.

-ZacWilliam, just played a ton with the yellow and black Dragon masked version as a kid.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Tiger Force Dusty leaked sample.

GI-Joe-Classified-Tiger-Force-Dusty-Box-65-11.jpg

GI-Joe-Classified-Tiger-Force-Dusty-Box-65-18.jpg

GI-Joe-Classified-Tiger-Force-Dusty-Box-65-20.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
On the subject of Tiger Force...
I went to a near-ish Target today, saw all GI Joe stuff on clearance. Not overly worried since the Reaction were still there, but it gives credence to my theory that the new "closed box" Classified figures are being treated as a "soft reboot" of the line. And in regards to clearance, I saw the Duke/Tiger Ram for $20 and snagged a Python Trooper for $18. Regular Classified were 50% off, though you probably aren't apt to find much besides some movie gals and the odd Lady Jane.
My local Walmart cleared the line as well.

My current hope is that it is a temporary dump, to clear way for the hefty amount of movie toys on deck and help clear the retail channel of those accursed Wave 2 carryovers and Film figures.

Greebtron

Citizen
Thanks to Rich Helscher, the Sunbow Marvel Archive now presents the first script from the original series to be made public since the GI Joe The Movie script was released on Shout Factory's DVD in 2010. The season 2 episode My Favorite Things.

Written by Doug Booth and edited by Buzz Dixon, this episode delves into Serpentor's quest to acquire artifacts once owned by the tyrants and conquerors whose DNA was used to create the Cobra Emperor. Once he has gained possession, the memories and powers of his genetic forebears are at his command. Meanwhile, the incessant inter-service bickering between US Marine Leatherneck and Navy Seal Wet-suit comes to a head. As the pair's glory-hogging results in Leatherneck being gravely wounded.

Clocking in at 59 pages - including 3 pages of model and location notes, plus an estimated 7 minutes of deleted scenes - the script can be read at: https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/p/mp-600-gi-joe-real-american-hero-part-2.html

Go there at once, THIS I COMMAND!

(Official Hasbro Youtube channel video)

Attached Thumbnails
GI Joe cartoon script My Favorite Things now online...-pages-600-70-my-favorite-things-script.pdf_page_1.jpg GI Joe cartoon script My Favorite Things now online...-pages-600-70-my-favorite-things-script.pdf_page_2.jpg GI Joe cartoon script My Favorite Things now online...-pages-600-70-my-favorite-things-script.pdf_page_3.jpg GI Joe cartoon script My Favorite Things now online...-pages-600-70-my-favorite-things-script.pdf_page_4.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen

I love that this is a thing, I'm just sad it's a thing I can't afford right now...

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
If you haven’t preordered, the newest wave of GI Joe Classified is shipping now. Includes Falcon, Outback (standard), Covergirl, Marauders BBQ, and a Crimson BAT.
My Falcon arrived today, but can’t open him until Monday (darn overnight shifts!). Hopefully, with retail seemingly not carrying much GI Joe this summer, we’ll see these newer close box waves get some decent distribution this fall.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I'm mostly ditching the Classified line for Ultimates. After having the first wave for a few weeks now, I keep coming back to them. Meanwhile Marauders Barbecue got put away about a day after I opened him. CoverGirl is going back to Amazon and Dusty and Crimson Guard remain unopened.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Color changing Zartan looks phenomenal and is perfect. I would have figured they'd save that for a special release, but happy that's not the case.

I hope they do it to Zaranna and Zandar too, but they didn't color change in the show.

Top Bottom