G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

LiamA

Citizen
1666863572337.png

From the most recent issue. From the way I'm reading it that even though the series is ending at IDW it will continue with whoever gets the license next.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, it's leaving, too? Crap, do I need to hurry and buy this up before the end of the year as well?

electricidad

Citizen
I cancelled my remaining Target preorders for all things Python Patrol. I never really got into Python Patrol, and I’m content with the regular deco of what’s already out. If this gets you your figures from Target faster well, then, you’re welcome.

I kept the preorder for TF Duke, TF Recondo, and TF Bazooka.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Despite reports that GI Joe Classified is going Pulse-exclusive in the European markets, Hasbro did throw a few reveals at MCM London:
A render preview for Big Ben, indicating he’s likely coming sooner, rather than later.
Cobra Female Trooper/Officer 2 pack. Surprisingly colorful, they also seem on tap to offer a LOT of extra weapons and some weapons effects. Also a render preview so probably on deck for next fall through some venue. I’m guessing Pulse/Fan Channel.

ANOTHER name drop. At this point, they’ve seemingly dropped enough names to carry us through the entirety of 2023, at this point. The name drop was Shadow Tracker, another post-ARAH selection. Shadow Tracker was a highlight during the remake heavy Pursuit of Cobra, so I’m curious how they’ll approach him.

TriBlurr

Citizen
They also name dropped "Mole Rat"
Some new kind of troop builder apparently.

Updated the first post with the most up to date info that's public knowledge.

Not 100% sure on what's starting to release in the US. So if I missed anything please let me know.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Technically, Target has STILL not released or had any details on the first wave of Tiger Force/Python Patrol. Everybody that has them ordered them from international sellers/retailers.

TriBlurr

Citizen
TF Outback is apparently starting to ship from Target now.

As much as I love Tiger Force I've opted to pass for now to save funds.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Good thing Serpentor came in today to wash out the taste of Issue 300 out of my mouth.

Few things have incensed me more than how this issue has been handled. I'll write out a good rant later, but the short version is that issue 300 is an insult to fans, and IDW, Hasbro and Hama all should be held accountable for crapping the bed with this comic.
My initial reaction to finishing?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Here's a link to my full rant, not family friendly.

Last edited:

LiamA

Citizen
Good thing Serpentor came in today to wash out the taste of Issue 300 out of my mouth.

Few things have incensed me more than how this issue has been handled. I'll write out a good rant later, but the short version is that issue 300 is an insult to fans, and IDW, Hasbro and Hama all should be held accountable for crapping the bed with this comic.
My initial reaction to finishing?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Here's a link to my full rant, not family friendly.

Does anything get resolved with the Cyber Ninjas?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Does anything get resolved with the Cyber Ninjas?
Not a damned thing. Nothing gets resolved, the issue (only SLIGHTLY longer than a standard issue) ends on a “To Be Continued!?”

It doesn’t clear the slate for 301, it didn’t even have the balls to use the mutagenic zombie bomb to establish a new status quo for the next publisher either. Probably one of the first issues from the next publisher will be the last part to this arc/issue. We’ll get either a 300 part 2/300.5 or 301 will be picking up from here. NONE a flattering start at a new publisher.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Got Mindbender yesterday. Looks great! Only issue I have is he doesnt have a way to store most of his accessories on him like most other characters do.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Resized_a15_304329391163677.jpeg

Resized_a161_304347612244601.jpeg
Resized_a0061_(2)_304361426891448.jpeg
Resized_a0062_304376986209833.jpeg

So, for the last 3 years for Christmas, my brothers have put together a GI Joe photo story book for my son, Haywire 3. This year's story they've really gone all-out, using a lot more modeling and diorama techniques, and some pretty extensive set work. And most of the effects are practical, making for some pretty sweet pictures. I thought I would share a few.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 10853
View attachment 10854View attachment 10855View attachment 10856

So, for the last 3 years for Christmas, my brothers have put together a GI Joe photo story book for my son, Haywire 3. This year's story they've really gone all-out, using a lot more modeling and diorama techniques, and some pretty extensive set work. And most of the effects are practical, making for some pretty sweet pictures. I thought I would share a few.
Thank you for doing so, those are quite awesome.

Dake

Citizen
Got my email reminder from Haslab about address verification for the Skystriker. It's getting close!

Top Bottom