Futurama - new season on Hulu

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

Season 7 of Futurama concluded 4 September 2013 on Comedy Central. Now, a new round of 20 episodes will premiere on Hulu in 2023. Most of the original cast have been confirmed to return, though it is unclear as of yet where negotiations are with John DiMaggio / Bender.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Hopefully it will be better than the last revival. Something was missing from the Comedy Central run. Hoping for DiMaggio's return as well.

Paladin

Citizen

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I suspect they'll go forward regardless. Might be a nice change, depending on what they choose to do.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Now, do you recast Bender, or do you do a "Death of Bender" storyarc? Or do you do a gag about a "Voices Plus" subscription service for all of Mom's robots, making all of them pay $30 a month for a curated selection of new voices, and have Bender have a different voice every episode? Hmm...choices, choices.

Seriously, it's a shame, since Bender is such a huge part of the show. But...this will be the third time the show has come back from the dead. And I was fairly satisfied with how it ended last time. So, if it's good, that's great. But, since it's on Hulu, if it's bad it's pretty easy to ignore it.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The very fact that it's on hulu means that the vast majority of the world will ignore it anyway.

Maruten

Citizen
Given how tight those dudes in that corner of the voice industry are, I'm surprised that any of them would agree to go back without the whole team - and surprised that they want to recast Bender. They're really asking for nerd backlash.

It's sad to see DiMaggio walking away from that character, but understandable. Good on him I guess.

Axaday

Citizen
I would bet at least $12 that they will get a number figured out in time. He didn't say "Those were fun times, but I've moved on". He said, "I cost more than that." Getting that word out in a press release and getting the internet talking about it will get him another offer, I'm sure.

I think the last stuff I saw was the 4 straight to video movies. I am not sure how much I missed. But it seems like an awful lot of shows go too long nowadays and end up looking like desperate, hollowed out versions of themselves. I kinda fear that's what this'd be. I feel pretty confident it would be if they don't get DiMaggio back.

I will dearly miss This Is Us, but I am so proud of them for just telling their story and moving on while no one has stopped watching.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The post movie stuff had a few good moments, but certainly far less than the initial run. Not bad, but don't go out of your way is what I am saying.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
For a season of a ridiculously popular show that literally cannot be legitimately viewed in 95% of the world, he better be getting a sweet pay day out of this.

Maruten

Citizen
An internets told me that they decided he was worth the money. Allegedly after they tried to get Mark Hammill to play the role, and he said "bugger off and pay DiMaggio right". As did many other prominent voice actors, and the whole fanbase. Allegedly.

But it seems like that SHOULD have happened, if it didn't.

wentwood

Citizen
Hulu has restarted the series for the 2nd time.

Have any of you seen the previous 9 series of it?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I seen some parts of Futurama, never really got into it super serious, much like the Simpsons, to much focus on comedy and no real plot for my tastes!

Top Bottom