Full G1 episodes being officially released via Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Which is why I love a show like All In The Family. TO ME, funny as hell. Closest I can think of a recent show along those lines was William Shatners S@#It My Dad Says. And it lasted one season. What worked the. Doesn’t work now.

Hell. I’m a big Entourage fan. I listen to their podcast Victory, and even the creators have said no way could they write the show now 10 ish years later the way they wrote it then. Even S1 was written differently than S8.

Even the beloved FRIENDS had its moments and a couple of lines that I don’t think they could do today by accusing each other of being gay or cringing when they thought somebody else was and hitting on them. Made for funny moments then.

be fun to wait another 10 years and see what’s popular now becomes offensive in the future.
Friends was criticised for what they DIDN'T include, which was namely ethnic "minorities" in New York. How many black people could you spot in any given episode of a TV show supposedly set in NEW YORK? ;)

For sure. Again, the 80s were a different time. The writing style of kids' cartoons was hyper-sensitive when it came to violence and general "bully"-type learnable behaviour, but there still tended to be a lot of insensitivity along racial or gender or minority lines, with lots of questionable sterotypes all around.

The writing only reflects the general attitudes of the times.
Indeed, but as I've stated (but I still can't find evidence of), they still had to omit crosses and stars of David, etc from "churches", graves, etc in Scooby-Doo, etc for fear of religious/cultural persecution at the time.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Friends was criticised for what they DIDN'T include, which was namely ethnic "minorities" in New York. How many black people could you spot in any given episode of a TV show supposedly set in NEW YORK? ;)

Indeed, but as I've stated (but I still can't find evidence of), they still had to omit crosses and stars of David, etc from "churches", graves, etc in Scooby-Doo, etc for fear of religious/cultural persecution at the time.
A Google image search for "Scooby doo graveyard" immediately returns results of screen grabs of graveyards shown in the series featuring crosses.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
A Google image search for "Scooby doo graveyard" immediately returns results of screen grabs of graveyards shown in the series featuring crosses.
Screenshot_20210926-223501.jpg
Not for me.

Xero

Citizen
Just got back from the 35th anniversary screening. That was so great. Seeing the Transformers that big was awesome. The details in the animation are so good at that size also. Really glad to have gone to it. The music hits with the action, I was smiling the whole time.

Obviously not youtube, but I don;t see a thread for the movie showings.

X

Glitch

Citizen
For the 40th maybe they could reanimate the movie or a few episodes like Childs Play, Carnage in C Minor, the Autobot Run, City of Steel and others considered bad.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I would rather they re-dub and edit the Japanese shows to fit in with the American continuity. Even if, due to time constraints, they just made a "movie" for each of the shows.

Top Bottom