Friendship is Plastic: MLP toy thread

Dvandom

Citizen
Looks like no one restarted this one. To kick it off, Ross (Dress for Less) has had the D&D crossover ponies for a while now ($30 for a five-pack, G1-styled, plus a big sparkly pink d20), and today I saw Plasmane, the Ghostbusters crossover pony (also G1, $9). These are all molded hair, not rooted, but the D&D ones have soft cloth accessories.

---Dave

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
large.jpg

These are official figurines that come with a book.

Hasbro has finally embraced scale accuracy just for Pipp.

Dvandom

Citizen
Family Dollar has rooted hair figures of the G5s. Two-packs (no Izzy, oddly) and single packs.

---Dave

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
BE9FB599-475F-4659-ACA3-EBE7462CA19C.jpeg

I found these at Meijer today.
CEFFED2E-191B-4CD0-91F5-515E11209FC7.jpeg

C811F2CF-4545-43F7-9F6B-263D2B5FDA4F.jpeg

Can you guess which ones are vintage and which ones are new. Pretty difficult I'm sure.

Weird thing is, vintage won't turn their heads. The new ones do.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Something about Zipp just looks right. Both of them. I think it's the glasses. Hiding the eyes a bit helps.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
20220217_005242.jpg

Okay so just reposting here. Yeah like I said in the thread I made because for some dumb reason I just couldn't see this one despite it being right there, I bought these at a Five Below.

Now to find Izzy and Pip for prices that aren't five times the amount I paid for these three.

blueskyscribe

Citizen
Yesss, the Basic Fun Twinkle Eye ponies look so good!! Now let's hope they make Mimic so we can get her for less than $300 . . .

I got the Pipp Petals Royal Room Reveal set and . . . I don't know the last time I've been so excited about a MLP product. It's so cute. Pipp is a streamer, she has a ring light and everything.

RoyalRoom.jpg

Also, I found a new use for Transformers blast effects:
Zipp.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought it was just an effect of the glasses but somehow Zipp's eyes still look the most natural in every picture.

blueskyscribe

Citizen
Cliffjumper's corpse is just offscreen and Knock Out wants to show off his autopsy skills. Sweet Stuff is like "Couldn't we . . . couldn't we go on a picnic . . . instead . . . "

blueskyscribe

Citizen
Great choice! Izzy's so pretty and the hair quality on the 6" G5s is SO good. I'm pretty picky about pony hair, and imo the hair on the 6" ponies is as good as G1 hair. So silky, so smooth.

Shadewing

Citizen
Izzy is easily my favorite of this generation so far, and she's honestly the one of them that looked best. My roomie got Zip and the Sunny/Twilight 2pk previously.

blueskyscribe

Citizen
An upcoming set . . . If they match the prototypes, they'll include the blaze on Hitch's nose and gradients on Hitch and Sunny's legs.

They have a normal cutie mark on their other side, and the 3D one is removable. I think narratively this will tie-in to the idea of a pony's luminescence. And the scenes in Tell Your Tale where a hologram of a pony's symbol appears on-screen when they're living up to their potential.

Mane5.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still feel like there's always something slightly uncanny about the eyes, except for Zipp who once again looks the most natural of the bunch. That's been a curious trend with G5 so far. Hitch also looks fairly good there.

Dvandom

Citizen
1679066546407.png

New Dollar Tree figures. They're about 4cm tall, significantly larger than the G4 blindbag figures. Note, some of the package renders are mirror-flipped, two of them are facing to their left rather than their right. As you can barely tell, the pegasus wings are a shallow relief on the sides and kinda hard to see (especially on clear plastic).

---Dave

Top Bottom