Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

Ironbite4

Citizen
260091462_4543820065663611_5948944692472061547_n.jpg

Had this on Sunday.

Ironbite-smoked turkey>then every other method.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
5201.jpg
5202.jpg

It was better than it looks. I will never buy filet Mignon again. I am not exaggerating when I say I could almost slice this New York strip with my fork. Perfect tenderness. But unlike Filet Mignon it was full of beefy flavor.

Salad and potato were fine too. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that they tasted good with so much flavor dumped on them. But the potato did have a consistent texture all the way through so it's not like it needed to be rescued by the toppings.

Waitress was a newbie still in training. She's going to make it. She did good.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20211129_092033.jpg
Made these last week from the book. I messed up somewhere, they were a bit too cake-like. Still ate them, naturally.

20211204_165346.jpg
Made these honey muffins today. These are reaaaally good. Had a lot more crumble topping than expected, but I also used cupcake tins instead of one for muffins.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20211205_111056.jpg.
TMM got a free turkey from work before Thanksgiving. The FFXIV book has a recipe using duck, so we doubled everything and tried it. It was a lot of work, like running boiling water over it to tighten the skin (which was kinda gross), then salting the turkey and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The cavity got stuffed with citrus, then while cooking it got a honey glaze. The cook temp/times ended up being the same, even though the turkey was twice the size of the recommended duck.

Did lazy box stuffing on the side, and cheesy mashed potatoes. Also made gravy with the neck meat and giblets. Turkey was nice and juicy, with a sweet crispy skin and salty inside. Way better than the usual dry turkey we typically eat on family gatherings. Froze a bunch of the turkey for future meals, and I have the carcass simmering right now to make stock.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
*Digs through the dust* Aah, here's the food thread.
20220129_115703.jpg
Made this somewhat recently. Not quite successful attempt at an omurice (rice inside of an omelet) recipe. Tasted great, but couldn't keep the omelet together. Probably b/c I was feeling lazy about having another pan to clean and tried cooking it in a sauce pan instead of a nonstick frying pan. The eggs were super fluffy, recipe added a little milk to them before cooking. Never even thought to try that for an omelet.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
*Digs through the dust* Aah, here's the food thread.
View attachment 4008
Made this somewhat recently. Not quite successful attempt at an omurice (rice inside of an omelet) recipe. Tasted great, but couldn't keep the omelet together. Probably b/c I was feeling lazy about having another pan to clean and tried cooking it in a sauce pan instead of a nonstick frying pan. The eggs were super fluffy, recipe added a little milk to them before cooking. Never even thought to try that for an omelet.
I would be careful, if I were you. Asia's food gatekeeper might be on the prowl...

tenor.gif

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The eyes of what I assume is a Christmas tree is kinda creepy.
20220205_183424.jpg
20220207_082812~2.jpg

We're not normally cheesecake fans, but decided to give it a try (once again, from the FFXIV cookbook). The measurements for the amount of graham crackers wasn't clear, so the crust didn't quite work. Just crumbled a graham cracker to eat it with and it's fine. The sauce is a mix of cherry, strawberry, and raspberry. I prefer the fruit flavor over the cheese, so I put extra fruit and sauce on top. Also, the recipe recommended a springform pan, but when placing it in the water bath we couldn't keep the water from seeping in. Ended up using a regular cake pan. If I make it again, I'll probably just use a pre-made crust.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
HAHAHA....I am at my moms while waiting for construction on our new home to finish. Its some stilly thing shes got back on her deck.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The eyes of what I assume is a Christmas tree is kinda creepy.
View attachment 4052
View attachment 4054

We're not normally cheesecake fans, but decided to give it a try (once again, from the FFXIV cookbook). The measurements for the amount of graham crackers wasn't clear, so the crust didn't quite work. Just crumbled a graham cracker to eat it with and it's fine. The sauce is a mix of cherry, strawberry, and raspberry. I prefer the fruit flavor over the cheese, so I put extra fruit and sauce on top. Also, the recipe recommended a springform pan, but when placing it in the water bath we couldn't keep the water from seeping in. Ended up using a regular cake pan. If I make it again, I'll probably just use a pre-made crust.
What eyes on what Christmas tree?

Anyway, did you mix the Graham Cracker crumbs with butter?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
What eyes on what Christmas tree?

Anyway, did you mix the Graham Cracker crumbs with butter?
That green thing behind the griddle w/ the sad blue eyes.

And yes, I did mix crackers with butter but I didn't use enough crackers so it turned out more like a graham paste than a crust. The recipe called for about a cup of crackers but didn't specify how broken up they were supposed to be before getting tossed in the food processor. They also had a weight but my scale doesn't measure in the exact weight they wanted, and the conversion app I used called for even less crackers than what I ended up using.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That green thing behind the griddle w/ the sad blue eyes.

And yes, I did mix crackers with butter but I didn't use enough crackers so it turned out more like a graham paste than a crust. The recipe called for about a cup of crackers but didn't specify how broken up they were supposed to be before getting tossed in the food processor. They also had a weight but my scale doesn't measure in the exact weight they wanted, and the conversion app I used called for even less crackers than what I ended up using.
I don't use a food processor; I just use a bowl (or wrap them up in cling-film/zip-loc bag" and grind/roll/crush/etc them into crumbs. Then, I pour in and mix molten butter, mix and then put this into the base of the (ceramic) pie bowl (or whatever you're using) and once flattened and I'm happy with the shape, I then pop it into the fridge to set for a while. I can then get on with the other ingredients before putting them onto the cold crumb base.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yeah, I've been successful w/ graham crusts before, was just trying the recipe's version. Plus the food processor is new and I wanted to play with it.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Decided to try out a recipe for Japanese Fluffy Pancakes. Had to get molds from a restaurant supply store.

20220306_090615.jpg
First batch: An Attempt Was Made

20220306_094638.jpg
Last batch was the best.

The first batch we tried in a frying pan but the edges of the pan weren't completely flat and the heat wasn't quite high enough so flipping them turned out messy. Next two batches we switched to a flat griddle which worked much better.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Decided to try making some Thai green curry chicken for my dinner tonight because I had a bottle of Thai green curry sauce and it had the recipe on the bottle and it seemed simple enough for a cooking novice like moi (and I really, really, really love curry).

qkSjJ8n.jpg

bTuBSie.jpg

I think it came out pretty well for my first time and it tasted really good.

Top Bottom