Florida, Florida, Florida

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He's pretty much pissed off everyone who isn't his base at this point. Petty dictator trying to take his brand of conservatism national. Hopefully he gets smacked down during his attempt to expand past Florida and won't even be able to win a position of gator tour guide once this is all over.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And then the FEC scrambled to figure out why DeSantis' opponents had a sudden wave of suspiciously wealthy donors to their campaigns.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And then the FEC scrambled to figure out why DeSantis' opponents had a sudden wave of suspiciously wealthy donors to their campaigns.
Gee, I sure hope not. That would mean that there are a lot of rich furries who have had the power to swing US politics in our favor and they just couldn't be assed to use it until now. I'm already uneasy with the idea that there are a lot of rich furries, period.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
OGeQGWnHP3DPCw8xmE3S3UPlEz2YXSZrgZs5oey49uA.jpg

This is one of the top brain surgeons in the US.

This person was one of the developers behind the COVID Moderna vaccine(via the NIH side of things)

Not to mention how well paid a lot of IT is combined with how common furries are in that department. This may be a joke, but there's a reason jokes like this exist:
FiGWRG1WYAEeAEb.png

There may not be any real billionare furries, not sure if there are any millionaires, but there's plenty that ARE well off; you just don't hear about them often from the outside.

Fursuit prices regularly run into the thousands, and this guy obviously gets enough business at these prices(though tbf he is an exception with these prices, most are well under 1k in that department, more like the $200-400 range for full color art)
EcnAF2VWoAEnU8-.png

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean, in literally any demographic I should hope there are at least a few hundred-thousandaires. But if we're talking "enough money to collectively destroy a presidential campaign"... that's more like, Koch brothers money.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Check out the charity donations and drives sometime, that most cons tend to run at least one of. it may not be Koch brothers money(which is fair, not sure if our imaginary furry PAC could hit that) but furries are excellent at fundraising for a cause. And to bring it back around, I don't know if you'd NEED Koch Brothers money to trash someone like DeSantis. If he can't attain that level of support, you wouldn't need to either, especially with the right words in the right ears. Anthrocon and some of the bigger cons are a bigger factor than you'd think in the economy of the cities they're hosted in, from what I've heard. (Except maybe MFF? I would think Chicago's big enough that even they couldn't put a huge dent in things there.) It's basically an entire small town moving in during those.

RankConventionYearLocationCountryAttendance
1Midwest FurFest2022Rosemont, IllinoisUSA13,641
2Furry Weekend Atlanta2023Atlanta, GeorgiaUSA10,328
3Anthrocon2022Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaUSA9,702

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
The return of P&R Furries:
meanwhile anime cons will still sell l*licon shit, and DeSaster doesn't give a **** about that bc he definitely molested some teenage girls when he was a teacher at his underage drinking parties with his students

the GQP is a cabal of trump-worshiping pedophiles and rapists at this point; all the shit they say about LGBTQ+ peeps being groomers is projection and deflection

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Firing blindly out of his window should at the very least warrant reckless endangerment. Bullets don't respect property lines after they are fired, after all.
I know right! He literally can't see through blinds, and is just blindly firing through his closed windows. They released the surveillance footage of the home owner's camera and the poor pool boy was just there with his cleaning gear and was waving to the people. At no point did he even get within arm's reach of the door. He had been their pool cleaner for at least the last six months, so they know who this guy is. His wife sounded a bit drunk/high on the phone call as she couldn't seem to answer the operator's basic questions, and he kept on firing well after even his wife told him to stop.

Just an utterly horrible law and I hope that this idiot gets sued in civil court by the pool cleaner, the company, and his neighbors.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We need new cops and new prosecutors, because the ones we have do not seem to understand this law or don't care. Even with this law, we are not supposed to be allowed to shoot at someone who's retreating. And if they couldn't see that he was retreating because this idiot was shooting through closed blinds, that is obviously completely reckless and undercuts his argument for having a reasonable fear. "Reasonable" and "not even attempting to have any situational awareness" are different things.

Top Bottom