Florida, Florida, Florida

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Florida's government just keep pushing to exit the gene pool. Once the funerals are over: it'll be hailed as the most effective effort to make america great again.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Once again AFTER we rescue CoffeeHorse.

giphy.gif

Ironbite4

Citizen
I really don't see this ending well for them.

Ironbite-Disney might go for it but I doubt that Cape Canaveral will.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Disney will be all for it... till the whole place looks like a traveling carnival, and they can't get workers due to ridiculous chance of death and/or dismemberment. They'll push back, but it'll take two or three publicly seen, attraction instigated beheadings before they do.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It'll be great for tourism. We can finally dethrone North Korea for having the world's scariest roller coaster!

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I look forward to riding a wooden coaster that hasn't had maintenance in 20 years.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
You missed a golden age in montreal then...

But laronde was bought out by six flags and they actually cleaned the place up. Ah well, there was still the time I nearly got struck by lightning. Some memories will never die...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My governor is pretty clearly the runaway favorite for the Republican nomination next time if Trump doesn't run again. So anybody who wants to be the GOP's next rising star is going to be asking him to hold their beer.

This is going to be a runaway feedback loop.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Yeah, and desantis is going to be SO SHOCKED when trump announces at the legalliest last second that he's running. The only reason he hasn't publicly done it is because the donation rules change when you confirm, and he can't run the gravy train with all those rules in the way.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Florida stupid rarely stays in Florida.

FD115bfUcAMYiHb.jpeg

One of these days I really do need to get a Blu-Ray drive and rip some movies for exploitable clips, but for now just imagine that I replied to this with a GIF of Woody saying "I would love to see you try. 'Course I'd love to see you as a crater."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well we just had a Special Session of the Legislature. As expected, DeSantis' agenda overwhelmingly passed. He signed the bills today in the city of Brandon, Florida. You can guess what the crowd was chanting.

We now have a plan to create a plan to leave OSHA.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
And any state organization created to opt out of osha STILL has to uphold osha standards according to federal law. So any osha mask mandates will still have to be enforced in Florida. This will simply cost Florida taxpayers more money.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Neither the republican government nor the republican voter base cares: as long as someone is taking stand against those dirty, lying communofachist liberals and their attempts to actually keep people alive and healthy.

'murica.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And any state organization created to opt out of osha STILL has to uphold osha standards according to federal law. So any osha mask mandates will still have to be enforced in Florida. This will simply cost Florida taxpayers more money.
Oh, I guarantee they're going to openly defy the mask mandate, and probably a bunch of other regulations they don't like, and dare our wishy-washy president to stop them, which he won't.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Don't assume this is just theater. Yeah, any state plan would need to meet OSHA standards and get federal approval, which we will not get because the explicit goal here is to have lower standards. But a few of our state legislators have had problems with their employees dying in workplace accidents and they're tired of getting fined for it. They are absolutely serious about wanting to find some mechanism to leave OSHA.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If only there was a remote chance of it not being necessary. But, short of the Everglades finally just swallowing the entire state......

Top Bottom